V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my gauges back from Autometer. They replaced my cracked lens with new UV protected lens. They claim thats why the old lens cracked. They look good and their was no charge.
Jack

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
Makes me wish mine were cracked.

Adrian

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Jack,

I noticed today that I have two that are cracked all of a sudden. How long did it take autometer to get them back to you? I may just order me some from Summit. I really don't care if they have Boss Hoss on them or not? What size are the small guages?

Chris

·
Registered
861 Posts
And speaking about guages...
THe little screw that resets the trip meter on my NEW speedo guauge meter fell off! Damn. I remember setting it at the gas station yesterday then checking it when I arrived at my destination and it was gone. Crap. Now I am gonna have to order another one from J&P cycles that list them in their cat. I will use that blue loctite on the scew when I put it on for sure! ha. :(

And I also know that I have to reweld the broken alt to engine bracket that many have spoken about here. I hear a weird sorta like thumpin after my Boss is warm (hey hey, keep it clean here Loaf and Crazymf-hahahaha) so I figure it is that break in the bracket. :lol:

Chees, our work is never done eh? And this is what I keep hearing from housewives about homemaking. chees. Go figure. hahahahah :lol:

Milos

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris , the gages are 2 1/16 " . It took about 3 weeks for them to ship them back to me with new lens . I forgot what it cost but it was very reasonable .

Jack

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
barbarianthemadserb said:
And speaking about guages...
THe little screw that resets the trip meter on my NEW speedo guauge meter fell off! Damn. I remember setting it at the gas station yesterday then checking it when I arrived at my destination and it was gone. Crap. Now I am gonna have to order another one from J&P cycles that list them in their cat. I will use that blue loctite on the scew when I put it on for sure! ha. :(

Milos
I had that happen too. I just happened to look down and it was still bouncing around on the speedo so I scooped it. I damn near had to destroy the speedo to get it apart enough to get that damn thing back on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts