V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been searchin around but cant find exact answer on previous posts... heres the question:

my 2000 SB fuel tank: the fuel line interconnect between the 2 tanks... what is the ID of the hose so Ican buy the right size quick disconnects from the Marine supply store??

I got the link for the site off that awesum tech link site, but there are several sizes and I dont wanna get the wrong ones...

Also, would there be any other places besides the interconnect line that I could use the quick disconnects? maybe tank to pump or something like that??

Thanks in advance...

MosaV8!

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Quick Disconnect

MOSA;

I just purchased a "TEMPO Part # 240120, Model # 491TMC (male) Tank Connector (seals on disconnect); and a TEMPO Part # 240130, Model # 492TFC (female) Fuel Line Connector (also seals on disconnect) from West Marine.

They are nicely chromed as well. Took a piece of fuel line with me for fitments. Haven't installed them yet tho. Got the numbers from WAG's site.

Had to get an ugly brass Tank Elbow tho; TEMPO Part # 200160, Model # 436ELB, as they didn't have chrome elbows with 1/4" NPT threads.

I feel sure these will fit well, and they weren't terribly price either (distaff didn't squeal too loud!)

Hope this is helpful.

Ride Safe!
HAWK88
Jack Phillips

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
MosaV8! said:
been searchin around but cant find exact answer on previous posts... heres the question:

my 2000 SB fuel tank: the fuel line interconnect between the 2 tanks... what is the ID of the hose so Ican buy the right size quick disconnects from the Marine supply store??

I got the link for the site off that awesum tech link site, but there are several sizes and I dont wanna get the wrong ones...

Also, would there be any other places besides the interconnect line that I could use the quick disconnects? maybe tank to pump or something like that??

Thanks in advance...

MosaV8!

3/8 " is the size. I used the same as Hawk 88 on my 2000. worked just fine, but I did find a chrome one some how.

Adrian

·
Registered
838 Posts
Re: Chrome elbow

HAWK88 said:
Elbow;

If you guys find a source for a chrome elbow give me a shout please!

1/4 or 3/8" NPT? Did I screw up again?

Ride Safe!

HAWK88
Jack Phillips
Jack,
the tank has 1/4" NPT threads for the fuel cross-over elbow fittings. If you can't find two chrome fittings, then take the ugly brass pieces to the chromer. Won't be expensive. I did that with the waterpump/radiator brass fittings, too. Costed me only 5 bucks.

Loaf

·
Registered
838 Posts
Re: Chrome Elbow

HAWK88 said:
Loaf;

As usual, great idea! Suppose I will try to "silver" soldier the vent tube in, or should it be brazed before chrome?

The only chrome shop I've communicated with has a 4 to 6 week turnaround, so I'll just pickup an extra elbow.

Thanks

Ride Safe!
HAWK88
Jack Phillips
Hello Jacky,
yes - it should be brazed before you take it to the chromer. These chromers are always very busy - at least they say they are. Fortunatly my chromer likes the Boss Hoss. I think he's kind of proud to make some parts for the "Monster" how he calls my bike. For this reason I get my parts back very fast - sometimes in only two or three days. No longer than 3 weeks for bigger parts. When I'm in his shop, then he tells everyone "This is the guy! This is the guy with the 5.7 litre Monster!" Hehehehe......
I posted some pics of my new tank vent setup in an older subject. This
is the link to it:
http://www.v8bikeriders.com/viewtopic.php?p=8766#8766

Loaf

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Quick Chrome

Loaf;

Being sandwiched between Billy Lanes' Custom bike shop, the Space Center, and Daytona's track, My little old Boss doesn't raise too many eyebrows to get "fast tracked" on stuff.

I will, however, get a spare elbow and Brass tubing, and stand in line as necessary, hopefully before I screw up my paint. Did you have a cure for the vented reserve tank as well?

Again, an exemplary job Loaf. You have quite a talent for "Museum" quality fixes. Great foresight and craftsmanship!

Ride Safe!
HAWK88
Jack Phillips

·
Registered
838 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, Jack. The respect due to Neil Weber, who has always outstanding ideas. Yes, he build a similiar vent for the reserve tank as well. Neil, have you got pics of your reserve tank vent solution?
Jack and I are curious.

Thanks, Loaf

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.