V8 Bike Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometime ago after I had Carb Mike rebuild by Carb, I got into a fuel starvation situation on my 01' SB. After coming to this site I got all of the information I needed to remedy the situation (new holley red fuel pump and 6 AN Fuel Lines), Since then the problem is history.

The only inconvenience was having to use a clamp coming off of the tank (where-by not having all of the fittings 6AN). I also did not have a reserve with the factory PINGEL and when my fuel guage/float was on the fritz, I learned that a Boss Hoss can be very heavy.

Long story short I called pingel this am to order the stablizer mentioned on an earlier threard, and the TECH told me there is a 3/8" Pingel for the Boss Hoss with a Reserve as well as the 6 AN Fuel Line.

I forgot to get the part number when I ordered, however, if you have had this problem, Pingel now has the 6AN, in 3/8" with a Reserve.

Regis

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
If I remember correctly, the Pingel fuel valve with a reserve is
part # 6221 AH. It might be 6211 AH.
Check with Pingel.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Good stuff, thanks guys!

EAGLE!!!!!

·
Registered
596 Posts
from wags help site:

http://webpages.charter.net/wag1

Post #6646 By Tim, grumpymn2002

For those of you interested in having a fuel valve with reserve on
your Boss, we have finally found the correct number for the Pingle
assembly. It is #6221-AH. This is their race valve assembly with a
3/8" OD outlet and reserve. You can order them direct from Pingle for
about $61.00 each @ 1-608-339-7999. You need to specify that it is
for a BH due to the larger outside diameter of the outlet.

Pingel says the reserve holds anywhere from 3/4 to 1 gallon of gas.
I just installed the petcock on my 01 today and the part number listed on wags site is correct. the label reads 6221-AH, Valve 3/8 NPT Hex 3/8 Nipple G

·
Registered
838 Posts
Regis,
I think the one you are talking about is the one I ordered a while ago.
It's the part number 6231-CH. It is a 3/8 NPT with reserve, chrome plated, and with 6AN outlet.
It was $106.20 plus shipping direct from Pingel.

Olaf

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Olaf,

You are correct, that is the valve........3/8", plus reserve and a 6AM.....well worth the money!

Regis

·
Registered
838 Posts
Regis,
I too love these AN hose connections. I have a big box with Aeroquip AN fittings, adapters, AN braided hoses and AN rubber hoses in my garage to eleminate all these crappy, razor sharpe, worm hose clamps next winter. I too often cutted my hands while working on the bike or washing it.

AN fittings are expensive, but I work a lot on my bike and learned to love them. I have had about $1000 just in AN hardware in my 99 Boss. Even brazed a steel AN fitting to the tranny cooler outlet and return and changed the tranny cooler hoses to braided 8AN.

This time I will additionally braze a 6AN steel fitting to the original carb brass fitting to be able to keep the small carb filter.

Olaf

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Loaf,

Great idea for the Trans-Cooler and other hoses/fittings, I too am going to change all of the lines over (that I can) to the AN Fittings, they look better, are relatively easy to fabricate the braided lines, and failure of the lines is highly unlikely.........maybe eventually all the up-grades will get done!

That will leave more time for Smoking the Rear Tire! 8)

Regis

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
I'm taking out my shutoff valve. I want every last drop of fuel from my tank to be usable, and with FI, there's no fear of a washdown.

I'm used to watching my mileage and have no need for a reserve. I pretty much know how far I can go by the time my tank gets down to a half, but that's neither right or wrong, just me.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I have the Pingel reserve petcock and I watch my milage also but the way I ride actually determines how far I can get out of a tank of gas . For example riding around home or on a trip I can go 150 -160 miles before I would have to go on reserve and when I refill the tank it almost always takes about 6.5 gallons . That means I have approx 1.5 gal in reserve and that I'm getting about 25 mpg . But when go on my Daytona Bike week vacation I normally put on about 800 + miles just riding around Daytona and the outlying areas and I may only get about 100 miles before I have to go on reserve because a lot of this riding is at 35 mph in 1st gear . That means I'm only getting about 17 mpg . Who cares , right . I just felt like typing .

Jack

1 - 11 of 11 Posts