V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay,there is a company called dragonflyconcepts.com,they make a batwing farring with a awesome music setup,if yer into that kinda stuff,The dobbie bros and the v8 ,what a combo :twisted:

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Searching for Websites

Hopefully this will help some. I use " DOGPILE.COM " to find darned near anything, including the Dragon FLy Concepts site. Dogpile accepts STUFF the way I Spell it, and almost any way you put it in. Great for us UNCOMPUTER GEEKS! Try it, it's free. See how many hits you get with "nose hairs".

·
Registered
465 Posts
The Dragonfly Concepts fairing is a nice copy of the Harley FLH and I think that is a good price. It can be done cheaper by fitting a used Harley piece like I did. However, I don't have the dash/console in mine.

This is where Barry got the idea for his!!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
If you look at my avatar you will see the same faring that Lee Whitaker has on the black bike that Lamont put up. According to Barry, these were made in Red Deer, Alberta, by Merch, the same people who were building 120 inch V-twins to fit Harley frames. The similarities are quite striking. Hard to tell them apart.

·
Premium Member
7,038 Posts
I found my fairings on a new Merch motorcycle 2 years ago in Calgary at an International Show....I saw a potentiial to change a few brackets and voila....batwing fairing on the Boss Hoss...

I actually buy the fairings from Merch and get a windshield cut for it, the 2 brackets made for the fairing itself and the 4 brackets/clamps that go on the Boss forks (all not cheap).

The fairings I buy are made in the US but not by the guys here that you have been talking about. I will soon offer the same type of fairing with/or without radio made of fiberflass by a company from Quebec. I am also going to check into these fairings here with the radios...they say brackets are not included tho and that concerns me.

Also... www.bosshossv8motorcycles.com is no more...it will automatically go to my new business site www.destinationcycles.com where we still promote the Boss Hoss..

PS...Bryan....the tranny left today

Take care

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Cruisin Dave said:
The Dragonfly Concepts fairing is a nice copy of the Harley FLH and I think that is a good price. It can be done cheaper by fitting a used Harley piece like I did. However, I don't have the dash/console in mine.

This is where Barry got the idea for his!!

That looks great Bro. Hey I may be calling you about some mounts if you don't mind. ;)

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Dave ,

What year FLH fairing is that ? I see them for sale cheap at a lot of the swap meets but never payed much attention to them .

Thank, Jack

·
Registered
465 Posts
Lamont,
No problem...ring any time. If you miss me, just leave a message and I'll get back to you.

Jack,
The early style FLH fairings like mine I think were used from 1966-1984, so they can be found fairly easy and relatively cheap. They were also fiberglass, so easier to modify or repair than the later versions. The later fairings are plastic (ABS, I think) and have the inner dash/console. The early versions are easier to fit, but you don't have the option of a radio.

My fairing uses modified Harley brackets and homemade adapters that bolt onto four of the short Boss Hoss windshield fork clamps. I can remove and reinstall in less than 5 minutes.

The aftermarket versions are good units and if I had wanted a radio I probably would have used one of those instead of trying to modify the dash on a later model FLH piece.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I just wanted to add my opinion on farings. If you ride a lot of highway miles like I do, a faring is the answer. I know a lot of guys who have never ridden a bike with a faring and say they never will ( mostly because they don't like the looks of them and they are also afraid they might like it ). I would not be without one on the highway. I hit a small bird this past summer on my way to Sturgis at about 100MPH. He hit the lexan windshield and deflected over my head. I think I might not have made it if I caught him in the face.
I also want to say that I had an absolute blast on my new Boss this past summer. I managed to rack up 30,000 KM (about 22,000 miles). That's a lot of adrenalin. Looking forward to next summer. Might even see some of you in Laughlin in April. Still talking about it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Bryan Ward said:
I know a lot of guys who have never ridden a bike with a faring and say they never will ( mostly because they don't like the looks of them and they are also afraid they might like it ). .
I will never forget the summer I rode my fathers bike with a fairing down the New York Thruway to Rochester to visit some friends. I was sweating my ass off and I was on a motorcycle. Don't seem right. All the wind was deflected around me and I was uncomfortable as hell. Couldn't wait for that trip to be over. That is my main complaint on fairings. I love the wind in my face. Part of the motorcycle thing for me.

Hoss

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
The first fairing I got was on a trip from calgary to mexico. I had a 900 kawisaki 4 cylinder. Had ridden long distance with no windshield a number of times and thought I would get a fairing in california as the prices were cheaper in U.S. then. It is definitally warm but I also found it warm with 90+ temps without the fairing. Once in a little cooler area they are the cats ass. Went across Canada on a Z1R cafe racer style leaning partially forward not into the wind but just enough to have to put my head forward. After that trip the muscles in my shoulders had no feeling for years. Dam ****ty long hall croch rocket. The larger removable winshield on the boss is adiquate( I think that spelling means Ok) but I get a big updraft and if there is any side wind it hits my face quite a bit.
So now I am getting a full face as a compromise.
All in all I must say that in this neck of the woods a fairing is best for wind reduction and comfort if that is your cup of tea.
Bill

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.