V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After lurching in the background for the past year and absorbing everything I could on the BOSS, I am picking mine up today. It is an 01 with 394hp hot cam kit. It is custom painted red with white flames and has steel fenders with frenched in tag and brake lights, tank scoop, chrome crash bars, fiberglass headlight cover, and all braided stainless lines. It has 7000 miles on it and appears to be in excellent condition. I am an ex Valkyrie rider and hoping I have picked a winner. I had to tell someone so it just happened to be everyone on this board. Everyone will probably be hearing from me with newbie questions. This is a great board and very infomative. Thanks to all who contribute and make it possible. :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picked up bike yesterday and can't seem to stay off of it! This is as bout as much fun as a fellow can have with his pants on. The sheer size is intimidating at first but goes away with the miles. I sure am glad I held out for one with reverse as it is a handfull trying to back up without it. Got to go now because I still have a little gas money left.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hi Boyd, Glad to hear your saddled up on a Hoss. It's always fun to hear new owners thoughts and story's. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
838 Posts
BOYD said:
.... It is an 01 .... is custom painted red with white flames and has steel fenders with frenched in tag and brake lights, tank scoop, chrome crash bars, fiberglass headlight cover....
Boyd,
congrats on your new ride! :p
When you described the bike, it thought to Sean Ziese's Boss.
The Ziese's had two 2 2001's - one white with red flames, the
second Boss was red with white flames.....
Did you bought the bike from him?

Loaf

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Congrats on the bike

Boyd,

Congrats. I too am a new Boss rider, who was waiting in the wings for several years before I bought. My current ride is Valkyrie 8) and like Tom in Oakdale says, not sleeping well(too excited) while waiting for my bike. Mine is in transit, so I'll have to not sleep well for 2 - 3 weeks more.

Enjoy yours. I'm in San Jose CA.

Look forward to hearing fom you about your ownership experiences.

With all the help on this board, it enhances our ownership experiences.

Cheers
Aldo
Hoss ZZ4

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Loaf, yes my bike is supposedly the Red with white flames. I was told that there was a matching pair built for or by family members. I purchased the red one from second owner with 7000 miles on it. Do you happen to have any history on the origination of thes bikes?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Aldo,
Welcome aboard. They are addictive. Between Tom and Adrian out there on that left coast you will be in good hands with their experience and knowledge. You couldn't meet some finer people.
Glenn

·
Registered
838 Posts
BOYD said:
Loaf, yes my bike is supposedly the Red with white flames. I was told that there was a matching pair built for or by family members. I purchased the red one from second owner with 7000 miles on it. Do you happen to have any history on the origination of thes bikes?
I had some email contact with Sean a while ago. I thought about buying
some parts from him (rear fender, side pipes). The bikes were his
and his father's. They had or still have a factory, and build some parts for
Boss Hoss from what I know. They were several times pictured in the Boss
Hoss Country Magazine (along with their bikes). As far as I remember he
had to sell the bikes for family reasons. They were first class built. So you
should have bought a winner.

Sean is a member of this forum, too. If he reads this, then he could give
you more info on your bike for sure. I could send his email adress to you
if you want to contact him. He's a very friendly guy.

Loaf

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Welcome aboard,
I remember the not sleeping part well, it was Nov 2002, I live near New Orleans, and the bike was in Nashville. The owner said he would bring it down to me, but he couldn't get away for another two weeks. I agreed, but after a couple of sleepless nights I called him and said I can't wait, I'm coming up now. :D :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Congrats on your Boss.

Boyd
Congats on your new money hole. (that is my wifes saying, but really I can't argue with the truth.) You will enjoy the Boss. Take your time as you know, it is a different ride. Where is Golden? I live about an hr south of Jackson.
Russell

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Russell, I am about 45 miles Northeast of Tupelo, the birthplace of Elvis. I may run up on you someday. It is very rare to even see a Boss in my neck of the woods. I was planning to travel to Michigan to pick up one when out of the blue this one popped up within two hours drive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts