V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or at least imagine. One of my trips to Revelstoke, BC last year with my friend Rod. Thought you guys might like the distraction, especially if some of you Florida boys haven't ever seen this stuff (snow, hehe). Enjoy the view at 7000 feet.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Man I would love to go do that. My wife and I spent a few days in Banff a couple of years ago and not being used to a lot of snow we (read she) panicked and wanted to leave a couple of days early. She was afraid we'd get snowbound and we both had to be back to work.

We went to bed with a heavy snow advisory in effect and not a flake falling and woke up a few hours later with several inches on the ground and it was snowing heavy.We checked out of the hotel at 2:30A. What a couple of rednecks! Beautiful country though. We were the first tracks on the hwy going back to Calgary to catch our flight out. I want to go back and have a full week and make use of all that snow. I don't ski so sledding would be the ticket.

Chris

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chris!!
Fly in sometime next winter. I'll take you over there and you can rent a sled.

You won't ever forget it.

stu

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Gotta start planning my work so I can work my plan! Sounds like loads of fun. Maybe we can get abunch of us guys/gals together for a sled ride up there.

Chris

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Stu:

Only went sledding once in my life, an it was in Grandbe (sp) Colorado.

Those pictures are beautiful.

Geez

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ncbosshoss said:
Gotta start planning my work so I can work my plan! Sounds like loads of fun. Maybe we can get abunch of us guys/gals together for a sled ride up there.

Chris
Bring lot's of asswipe. If you're not used to looking down big hills you'll need it. What a rush. 60mph + downhill whether you want to or not.

There was 10 feet of base snow there last year and that's 5 feet less than normal. I'd be up for a group ride of BH dudes out in the hills. You guys are probably twisted enough to really enjoy it.

stu

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
We were at Boise with our top fuel car and I about fainted when a Snow Mobile went thro the lights at 8.9 @149 MPH. I went over and watched the things run and what a kick. The guys have small wheels on the skis.

Adrian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts