V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gang,

As a new Boss Hoss owner, I know that these babies can sometimes be downright "moody". So what do you recommend I should have in my emergency tool kits as I ride the V8 banana around, so I can restore my Hoss back to a blissful gallop while I'm out and about?

On my Valk, I always carried a tire plug kit, a ratchets, spanners, allen keys for most bolts, first aid kit, swiss army knife, Duct Tape, spare fuses, spare bulbs, Airman tire pump, rugged gloves to handle hot pipes. In 6 years, 60K on the Valk, never needed it on the road. I would assume most of these are still needed, but what else would you recommend I take with me, besides my American Express Card, my Towing company phone number and a portable internet device to read the notes from this board?

Your advice appreciated.

Thanks

Aldo

·
Registered
538 Posts
Emergency equip.

What you noted is a good start. Items unique to the Boss Hoss to have:

fuel pump
alternator belt
some spare tubing (in case of a rupture on a vacuum line, etc.)
spark plug or two (in case of fouling although you can do the same by checking more regularly).

I also keep a spare drive belt in the garage or the trailer but not on the bike. I keep a spare alternator at home or in the trailer too (not chromed, just a 'get by until I can get the right one'.

I also keep a set of Frogg Toggs with the bike since I hate the rain. 20 degrees and cold is fine with me as long as it is dry, 70 and rain I don't like.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts