V8 Bike Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Elliot,I got the header covers today. So, once again thanks.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Header covers

TJ , the header covers look great . I don't know much about the Kannons . Are they one speed , do they have reverse and what is the top speed ?

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kannon uses a one speed auto trans with no reverse. They have a deal going with Vic now so they may use his trans in the new ones. Top speed?? 160 is as fast as I have had mine but since they are a chain drive.. I suppose top speed would depend on which sprockets a guy runs. Had a little trouble with the spiral bevel gear set when I first got my bike, but now with that handled...... bike is rock solid with no trouble at all in the last 4500 miles.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Tom,

Glad the header covers worked for you. For a few years BH was putting those smallblock covers on the 502's and it is a pretty poor look and fit. I yanked them off and replaced with the 502 covers and those were just sitting in a box for quite a while.

Funny thing regarding Kannon. My friend Clemmons is a bigtime import/export guy with mostly exotic and high end cars. For fun, he also does bikes and has bought and sold a bunch of Boss Hoss bikes. He very recently bought an '01 smallblock from a guy here in town who said he just purchased Kannon Motorcycles and the tranny company who supplies them. I was kind of shocked. Knowing Kannon had some deal going with Vic and the VR2, I'm wondering if he meant that or the original single speed you're referring to. In any case, this guy has the bucks and it should be interesting to see what now develops with Kannon.

Elliot 8)

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That IS interesting.... Especially since the single speed trans in the kannon is made by kannon. They use a ford C4 converter, pump, and front clutch inside their own case. Has Kannon cast right into the side of it. Wonder which trans company he is talking about.... Don`t suppose Vic decided to sell the VR-2 after all do ya?

·
Registered
488 Posts
....There is a Kannon dealer here in Daytona and I stop in there once in awhile,I'll stop in tomorrow and see what they think of the new owner.
I test drove a 502 (Chev.)and a 351 Windsor (Ford) and they were different after riding a BH but they handled great and had lots of power but I noticed I kept wanting to shift into 2nd all the time because of the one speed and High rpm's...

Dave :lol:

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah.. I`d be interested to hear what they have to say. I bought my bike from them. Jason was the guy`s name.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Dave,

Be sure to put up a post after you talk to the guy. I'll be anxious to hear if the guy who sold the smallblock to Clemmons was full of fact or fiction :?: .

On another note, it looks like we're doing Key West the weekend of Jan. 17th. Leaving Sat. a.m. out of Naples and returning Sunday. Plenty of room if you need to leave a trailer. C'mon down bro' :biker3: .

Elliot 8)

·
Registered
488 Posts
...Elliot...The High here today is supposed to be 55 with 20mph winds so I don't know if I'll make to the shop or not...If this keeps up I'm going to have to order a bunch of those Gerbil's Like Lamont has....I wonder if those little things Scream when you hook 12 volts to their butts???... :shock:
My play time might be over,the Company I work for had me Fax a Backround check consent form to a power Plant in Parish Fl. today( it's about 80 miles North of Ft. Meyers right of I-75)....So if they do need me it will get me pretty close to you Crazy!! guys down there...

Dave :wink:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Dave.

I know right where Parrish is. Used to run the Vettes out there by the Rutland Ranch 'cause you have miles of unobstructed roads, no cross-streets and no cops. Good area to see what top end is. Boondocks but only an hour and a quarter and a pretty straight shot down I-75. Hope to see you.

Yeah, colder than all get out here too. Not gonna hit even 70 today. Damn! It's needing to warm a few degrees by the Key West trip or we won't see any bikinis and T-backs 'cept for the Canadians :shock: .

Elliot 8)

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
:D :lol: EL:
Feel sorry for you South Florida guys........You might have to put up with
Badger and his "Blow Up Doll".

Couldn't get him away from the dam thing at the National Rally.

I think he was in LOVE??
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:
Geezer

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
:?: I didn't think much of her, but Badger kept taking a shower with her
every morning........Wonder what that was about 8)

I was still trying to "purge" the Jackie D, from the night before....heehee
so we could start again....................

Dam, I do enjoy that rally !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Geez

·
Registered
616 Posts
Geez,

If Badger takes his blow-up honey to Key West, nobody will notice down there :wink: .

Elliot

1 - 14 of 14 Posts