V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced signal module, signals flash now. Replaced brake signal sending unit, brake lights come on for back brake but not front. I’d be so thankful for tips, hints, help! Please!
2003 BH trike, 350

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sounds similar to a problem I had, check the micro switch under the handlebar reservoir.
I was advised to dump the micro switch and replace with a Pressure switch - all works fine now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds similar to a problem I had, check the micro switch under the handlebar reservoir.
I was advised to dump the micro switch and replace with a Pressure switch - all works fine now.
It's kinda sounding like that's the issue.... it's been mentioned as we've been chasing so I think that's the next step. Did you do it yourself? And what switch, could you give info so I could order one? Thanks RocketSteve!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's kinda sounding like that's the issue.... it's been mentioned as we've been chasing so I think that's the next step. Did you do it yourself? And what switch, could you give info so I could order one? Thanks RocketSteve!
Wait, I may have the info figured out ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just for reference... it was a 3/8" UNF Goodridge Banjo Bolt Brake Light Switch. Part No.: BL 775 03C
Yes, fitted myself.
Hope it fixes the problem. ;-)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just for reference... it was a 3/8" UNF Goodridge Banjo Bolt Brake Light Switch. Part No.: BL 775 03C
Yes, fitted myself.
Hope it fixes the problem. ;-)
Well I ordered something from Harley lol... explained it to them and they ordered a switch... but to be safe I'm ordering this one too. Tired of this chase and the wait for parts so I'm gonna be extra prepared!!!
Thanks RocketSteve! Appreciate your help!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Before starting this job, turn ignition on and connect the two wires on the microswitch with a piece of wire, the brake light should work. If it doesn't - there must be a fault elsewhere.

If it does work - we know the microswitch is broken :-
Might be worth getting a couple of 3/8" copper crush washers - they might not be included with the switch!
1] Turn handlebars so reservoir bowl is level, protect any paintwork in area below, carefully remove lid.
2] Draw out the reservoir oil by sucking on a pipe.
3] Remove 3/8" bolt & replace with new banjo + washers.
4] The tricky bit to follow... Remove old microswitch and re-fit the retaining screw/pin (use sealant as this could leak), I soldered the 2 wires due to a lack of room for electrical connectors, then used "heatshrink" tube over the 2 connections.
5] Replace cover under the reservoir, fill bowl with brake fluid, screw on top lid.
6] Check for leaks and brake light function.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Before starting this job, turn ignition on and connect the two wires on the microswitch with a piece of wire, the brake light should work. If it doesn't - there must be a fault elsewhere.

If it does work - we know the microswitch is broken :-
Might be worth getting a couple of 3/8" copper crush washers - they might not be included with the switch!
1] Turn handlebars so reservoir bowl is level, protect any paintwork in area below, carefully remove lid.
2] Draw out the reservoir oil by sucking on a pipe.
3] Remove 3/8" bolt & replace with new banjo + washers.
4] The tricky bit to follow... Remove old microswitch and re-fit the retaining screw/pin (use sealant as this could leak), I soldered the 2 wires due to a lack of room for electrical connectors, then used "heatshrink" tube over the 2 connections.
5] Replace cover under the reservoir, fill bowl with brake fluid, screw on top lid.
6] Check for leaks and brake light function.
Cool, thanks so much for that explanation! It's going to be really helpful! I'm hoping to have both parts on Friday and will get those washers so we're good to go. I'll keep you posted!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts