V8 Bike Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a Boss Hoss on Ebay that looks like one of these scams that have been around lately.

Item number: 2454428304

This is a 97 clutch bike that the seller claims will "glide from gear to gear without you even noticing".

No feedback rating, only accepts bank wire transfer, no VIN# etc. etc.

He claims that it is one of only 7 Boss Hosses made.
:lol:

How do these people get away with this?

Hoss

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a bike on Ebay with two Chevy 283 V8 motors on it. Its a monster. Ugly as hell, but someone put a lot of work into it.

Item number: 2979316091

Weighs 2800 lbs and is 14 feet long.

We thought our bikes were big!!

Hoss

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
EBAY SCAM

I have come across 3 probable scams since December. :?
1. 2003 big block for $ 18,000. It came on and was taken off in about 4 hours.
2. 2002 small block that was offered to me by email. Also about $18,000 and in excellent condition.
3. With my first bid on a bike from ebay. The next day I recieved a personal email again offering a 2002 small block with hot cam for about $18,000. The email started with (dear sir or madam I have a product)
If you read this buddy you have got to improve your tupperware tecnique.
I did not repond to any of these and had brushed them aside so my numbers are aproximate but I think the intent was evident.
I just bought a 2002 small block off ebay and will be going to see it shortly. I am a happy camper

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Re: EBAY SCAM

buyarbi said:
I just bought a 2002 small block off ebay and will be going to see it shortly. I am a happy camper
Congratulation on your new ride! Your going to love it :D

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
buyarbi said:
Thanks for the hello v-man. Spring is going to seem like a long time comming here.
:biker3: It will be worth the wait! :capwin:

Jeeeezzzzzzz "Moosejaw, Canada" - that even sounds cold!

Took a road trip out that way this past summer (US side of the border) and there is some great country out there! :D

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Another scam ebay # 2458538424 . 2002 boss hoss . Now this one I can gaurantee as a scam because I just bought it from ebay a couple of weeks ago. Either that or I bid on it and have a twin.

·
Premium Member
7,038 Posts
good to hear your deal is solid Bill.....

Hey.....if you see any motorcycles out there that are low enough to buy and resell here, make sure and give me a call....Harley mostly but if anyone is lowballing a Metric bike we would be interested also...thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts