V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2000 SB drive belt popped during a rolling wheel spin attempt much to my embarrassment. it was probably 21 years old and maybe it was time? anyway i cannot read the part numbers. i know it is a 14M-1960-45 gates polychain and i need to know if it is the GT or the GT2 because i am pretty sure the GT has the trapezoid while the GT2 has the modified curvilinear tooth design. i accidently ordered received and installed a $61 belt with the curvilinear tooth pattern and it sounded like an ambulants cyreen so loud that i could not hear the engine and traffic was getting out of my way. i am aware of the limited availability of the correct belt as you must get it from BH for $279 ++. the problem with a non-bh belt is the width which i am prepared to deal with. i am trying to cheat the system by sourcing a less costly part. any help with the GT versus GT2 tooth pattern is much appreciated. Lincoln

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's the BH price?
thanks steve, i believe that is the correct part no, bh is $279 plus frt. i have spent hours trying to beat that $ and cannot. i will be ordering in a minute from a bh dealer. lincoln.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Lincoln, that's a chunky price for export to the UK, I hoped Continental had an equivalent belt but no joy there.
Suppose I'll have to bite the bullet and ping an order to BH but at least I know where to get (a spare) one now ;-)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Lincoln, that's a chunky price for export to the UK, I hoped Continental had an equivalent belt but no joy there.
Suppose I'll have to bite the bullet and ping an order to BH but at least I know where to get (a spare) one now ;-)
mine lasted 21 years. be careful ordering a non-gates belt. the tooth pattern is proprietary i think. i tried another brand at the correct width and the tooth pattern must be wrong because it is VERY noisy so i know there is a major problem. i have changed my own tires and split the frame more than once so i dont think i have install issues. i ordered a 14mgt-1960-45 gates polychain gt2 this am and that should do it. lincoln

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mine lasted 21 years. be careful ordering a non-gates belt. the tooth pattern is proprietary i think. i tried another brand at the correct width and the tooth pattern must be wrong because it is VERY noisy so i know there is a major problem. i have changed my own tires and split the frame more than once so i dont think i have install issues. i ordered a 14mgt-1960-45 gates polychain gt2 this am and that should do it. lincoln
steve maybe theres a bh dealer on your side of the pond

·
Registered
18 Posts
Now thinking of a Winters Tranny from PA so might see if a deal is possible...

Huge spend so I'll need to do some ground work 1st.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts