V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know that Daytona Boss Hoss (Highlander) is alive and well at our 15,000sq.ft. location on the south side of Daytona Int. Airport. You can visit us at www.daytonabosshoss.com and we have maps to our location. Turn up the sound when the page loads up.

We will have a Hoss-pitality booth set up at our dealership location during bike week so those who are getting maintenance and goody's for their rides won't go hungry. We have tire changing and wheel balancing machines and plenty of stock tires.

I will also have a show location set up during bike week at Fan Walk area of Daytona Int. Speedway. We will be adjacent to the factory's rig giving demo rides.

I want to offer a special thank you to Lumonster and the guys at this sight for giving me such a warm welcome and allowing us to post our new location. Any thing I can do to help just let me know.

Thanks,
Randy Epling :lol:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Randy,
Great to see you here!

I really appreciated your time on the phone the other day. You certainly cleared up the "story" as to why the Highlander Facility is no longer hosting Boss Hoss Dealers and has faded from being our Boss Hoss Hangout.

Just so you all know, Randy sold the entire Highlander complex, including the "ice cream building" where he was keeping his Boss Hoss Showroom. His entire business is now in the Daytona Airport area. The new owners of the Highlander are just not very "biker-friendly" according to Randy. Quite a bummer, as that was the perfect place for us to call home during bike week. Randy has offered to keep an eye out for another "ideal location" for our group to coordinate a ride from/hang out at etc.

Anyone who is going to Daytona should look Randy up and thank him for his efforts in helping some of the other Boss Hoss Dealers set up shop in FL. Randy was telling me that there is alot of red-tape involved if you are an out of state vehicle dealer who wants to sell in FL. He does his best to help our dealers obtain the ability to sell in FL while trying to limit his liability if at all possible. As we all know from the Kannon Motorcycle incident last year where the throttle hung wide open and hit a woman at full-throttle, one accident can put you out of business.

Still looking for a Boss Hoss "Home/Hangout" in Daytona...anybody have any ideas?

Bill Taylor

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I've never met Randy personally just spoken over the phone a couple of times. I can tell ya that his shop is in a great location. No traffic in or out of it to speak of. They took good care of me last year with a set of tires. Good guys and nice big aircraft hangar for a shop! :)

Chris

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Talked with Randy on the phone too, seems like a really good guy. 8)
As far as hangouts go, you guys are welcome to hangout near our tent at the Sunshine Mall. We are at the back of the vendor area and there is good parking behind the tents. A lot of you have been there before.
Maybe we could pick a day to meet there and ride out to see Randy's place. There are a lot of good burnout roads from our place to his. ;)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
LaMonsterV8 said:
As far as hangouts go, you guys are welcome to hangout near our tent at the Sunshine Mall. We are at the back of the vendor area and there is good parking behind the tents. A lot of you have been there before.
Maybe we could pick a day to meet there and ride out to see Randy's place. There are a lot of good burnout roads from our place to his. ;)
Maybe I will have time to learn how to do one before bike week... lol

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
If you don't figure it out I'll be glad to show you. :twisted:

Redtro said:
LaMonsterV8 said:
Maybe I will have time to learn how to do one before bike week... lol

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Ricky,

It will be very easy for you on the 502 when you really grab your first handful! I never really got my small block to do a good burnout (rider inability) but the first time I grabbed a good bit on the 502 I was stunned. It will easily spin the back tire at 60, too. I am running the COAN converter and that really woke the beast up. I still am very nervous about doing the burnouts. Some of these guys are impressive. I always get out of mine after a short distance and have never ridden one all the way out. I always roll into it after I'm going good and have never tried it from a real slow speed. Haven't got the nads to hit it from a stop. 90% of the time I wind up spining the tire because I can't help it.

Side note: The other day I was changing lanes while accelerating and the back end broke with me. It was real quick and I eased off but I had the feeling that I had a close call for some reason. I can see where had I been into it harder I could have had potential problem. I thinks to myself that you'd better have her straight and wings level when you hammer the throttle! Oh well. Gotta be careful on these things. Burnouts are not my specialty so I'm not trying to teach you anything. Just chiming in! :D

Chris

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I'm courious , I know the 502 has tons of power and torque but does anyone know what would happen if a stock 502 and a good running 350 were to race a quarter mile ? I've heard that it would be a very close race because of weight to horsepower . Any facts ?

Jack

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
If you talk to Elliot he'll tell you the small block is faster and he had a big block. Gary has the best time at the track they go to but that's the 1/8 mile and Gary has done some work to his old bike.

HogV8 said:
I'm curious , I know the 502 has tons of power and torque but does anyone know what would happen if a stock 502 and a good running 350 were to race a quarter mile ? I've heard that it would be a very close race because of weight to horsepower . Any facts ?

Jack

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I was refering to a stock 350 but I did here somewhere that head to head and all things equal the 350 is faster in the quarter than the 502 by a few tenths of a second . With all the wheel spin on both bikes , I don't see how you could come up with a even race anyway . I think Garys bike was cammed up with nitros but I'm not sure .

Jack

·
Registered
624 Posts
Warren,
Any thoughts on this subject Warren. The 2 speeds can kick into overdrive over 100 mph which gives them taller gearing but the 350s can sure give them a run.

BTW Redtro just look straight and nail the throttle. Not to worry it only twists so far and when you hit the stops on the throttle you know you have enough and enjoy the ride.
Glenn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts