V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
9 Months off and the good life has to come to an end :cry: They are sending me to to the west coast of Fl. next week on a new build of a power plant there,Any other BH riders in this area (see link) Click Here for map....Damn thats a big link!!!,I know I'll be about an hour from Elliot and the S. Fl. bunch but was wondering if there was anybody around the Tampa-St. Pete area....

Dave.......

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Sunny Beach

Dave,

At least you got an assignment in sunny Florida! Could have been Ohio!! You still going to be around during bike week?

Chris

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got set-up here in Palmetto Florida today,It's going to be strange being here on the left coast of Fl. after being on the right coast for so long.(Have to get used to watching the Sun sets instead of the Sun Rises!!) Drove over to Longboat Key today in the truck and the Island was great,Can't wait to get the BH here next weekend and cruise the roads.....Found out 3 guys I rode with on the Ohio job are here also so it should be pretty good.

Come On Down!!! :p :biker3:

Dave

·
Registered
616 Posts
Dave,

Some free advise from one who has lived on the west side on and off (on mostly) for the last 34 years...

Stay away from Longboat Key. Too many 4 door white Buicks and blue hair. Big condos/no thongs/lots of snooty country club types. Try Siesta Key a bit further south. Lots of young hard bods especially at spring break. The only exception to that is around St. Armands Circle where there is a nudie beach called Lido Key. The real hot spot though is all along Bradenton Beach from just north of Longboat and northbound to Anna Maria.

A little further south is Venice. All the oldies are in Sarasota and their parents are in Venice. From there nothing til you hit Ft. Myers. Sanibel and Captiva are again...oldies but a nice drive in the off season. Ft. Myers Beach is hot all year and wild in the spring.

Too bad Momma won't let you out next week. Eleven Hosses to Key West. I just hate all those 20 year olds dressed in body paint only on Duval Street Saturday night :lol: .

Elliot 8)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
BADGER Dave said:
9 Months off and the good life has to come to an end :cry: They are sending me to to the west coast of Fl. next week on a new build of a power plant there,Any other BH riders in this area (see link) Click Here for map....Damn thats a big link!!!,I know I'll be about an hour from Elliot and the S. Fl. bunch but was wondering if there was anybody around the Tampa-St. Pete area....

Dave.......
Dave

You still going to be around for Bike Week? I was looking forward to some more "shortcuts" :D

Good luck with the new contract!

Don

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don...Sure hope I can get away for a few days for bike week,Elliot,thanks for the info.....I divorced my 3rd Momma (wife) about 4 years ago...Just play time now!!....The Boss is still in Daytona till next weekend when I'll bring it over.... :lol:

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts