V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Jim..... How does Tony like his new converter?? Are you going with Adrian for this ride through reno?? I don`t think I can get the whole week off but might be up to a couple days.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hey Tommy,
I just made my reservations for Saturday & Sunday nights in Reno.
We'll be in a day ealier than Adrian. I'm attempting to have another couple with us for at least Saturday night for their Aniversary/birthday. Whether they can hang for another 2 days... don't know. I also made a reservation in Tahoe for Monday night. We'll likely head home from that point.
Jim

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hey Tommy,
Got my bike back from Adrian with the #7 converter.
A dierent bike!!!
Definately gets it in ist. It's a WOW... Laid good patch from 35mph. Went back to look at it.. Very fun. I'm not one to leave rubber on the road so this was a thrill!! The shifting is smoother, you don't get this need to go from the bike when at a stop while waiting for the light, and the down shifting compression is much less and different.
I like the compression when heading into turns prio to the conversion and it's void of this now.. will need to get used to this feeling.
Jim

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jim,
Good deal.... Now we need to get your distribuitor set up and it will THRILL ya!! As far as the down shifting goes... You might want to take a look at your owners manual regarding that. They say heavy downshift is a no no... right next to upshifting.
Looks like I am going to pass on the upcoming ride.... duty calls.....
you guys have a ball!!
Tom.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Adrian did the distributor advance as well. And baby this kicks it.
Jim

adrian did the distributor advance as well.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:lol: Cool.... Now it runs like a 385 HP bike should run huh? I`ll bet you have a grin from ear to ear every time you give it a little. I know I do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts