V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
I bought a manual from the Boss Hoss Factory for my 98 Boss. It costs either 10 or 20 bucks. You should be able to get one for your Boss. Factory phone number is:

731-286-4915

The manual is not the best, with poor quality pictures. It reads more like an assembly manual, but it usually gets the job done.

My wife told me that you called last night. Sorry I missed your call. I have been trying to locate my clutch box so that I can get you the NAPA numbers, but so far, no luck. If it turns up, I will get back to you.

Hoss

Discussion starter · #22 ·
hello hossman,
i call with the boss hoss dealer in nederland and they say the best what i have to do is put out the old clutch from my bike first and look whats diameter have the clutch 10 1/2" or 11" disc and 10 or 26 spline.then its no prob order new one.

guenter

Discussion starter · #23 ·
hello hossman,
now today i get one mail from bosshoss.com what you think for the price?:

Thema: Boss Hoss
Datum: 28.01.2004 16:15:27 Westeuropäische Normalzeit
Von: dougzaricor@bosshoss.net
An: avzansbach@aol.com
Kopie an: levigentry@bosshoss.net, lindarichardson@bosshoss.net
Internet-eMail: (Details)

The VIN looks to be a special PA registration and title.
Possibly a very early kit bike.

The clutch is probably the same as our application.
Recommended was a 10.5" clutch disc and pressure plate. You originally had a stock type clutch disc with a pressure plate designed for a (preferably) straight six engine ('68-'71 truck or bus, even a Nova if need be, with a straight six) this allows easier mechanical break over of the diaphragm. Later we offered a button disc that would not slip as a stock disc could but it held to the point of twisting the center out of it, possibly causing the clutch to not operate properly the next time it is needed.
It was definitely the disc of choice after it came out but very expensive.

Clutch, Fiber 3120100 $73.50
Clutch, Ceramic Button 3120101 $165.90
Pressure Plate 3120200 $120.41
Throw-Out Bearing Short 3120301 $35.93

If you would like to order or have more questions, please contact Levi at levigentry@bosshoss.net

Thanks for your interest in Boss Hoss,

Doug Zaricor

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Zaricor;Doug
FN:Doug Zaricor
ORG:Boss Hoss Cycles, Inc.
TITLE:Quality/Production Manager
TEL;WORK;VOICE:731-288-0598
TEL;CELL;VOICE:731-676-1441
TEL;WORK;FAX:731-288-0923
ADR;WORK:;731-286-4915;790 So. Main St.;Dyersburg;TN;38024;U.S.A.
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:731-286-4915=0D=0A790 So. Main St.=0D=0ADyersburg, TN 38024=0D=0AU.S.A.
ADR;HOME:;;;Dyersburg;TN
LABEL;HOME:Dyersburg, TN
URL;WORK:http://www.bosshoss.com
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:dougzaricor@bosshoss.net
REV:20040128T165345Z
END:VCARD

Sounds like what they told me last year. If I were you I would buy the throwout bearing from Boss Hoss and the rest from a good parts store. Before I did that, I would contact Levi at the factory and ask him if this would work. I believe that they modify the throwout bearing at the factory, this is why you want to buy that from them. The rest can be bought in a package from a good parts store. I used NAPA. I don't know if you have NAPA in Germany. You will save about $200 dollars American by doing it this way. I paid $115 for the entire clutch kit. If money is not an issue for you (it is always an issue for me :oops: ) then buy everything from Boss Hoss. If it doesn't work or fit, you are covered that way.

The dealer that you spoke to locally had a good idea. Split the frame, pull out the clutch, and take it in to be matched up.

I did my clutch myself, however, I defer to the much more knowledgable members of this board. If anyone thinks that I speak in error, please set me straight.

Hoss

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.