V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am to take delivery on my first Boss Hoss (2004 350) bike in March. Trying to find a good seat for 2 up riding. The Corbin dual touring seat caught my eye. Would like to hear from anyone who has this seat and if there are others out there that people recommend. Also as a new Boss owner, what are some other important things I should be aware of. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. Sorry but I can't help you on the seat, I'm still running my stock Corbin.

As fas as "other important things I should be aware of" , I would say just keep a close eye on all your bolts and nuts, they will back off from time to time just like a V-Twin. I think the factory has worked out a lot of the problems that the older bikes had so you should be pretty much good to go. :D

Remember not to pick your nose or anything like that while your on the Boss because you can bet that someone is looking at you. :oops: If you don't like talking with folks or your in a hurry don't take the Boss. Allow for extra travel time when stopping at a gas station or a store. ;)

Other than that I'm sure you'll come to love the bike as much as this fine group of folks have. Make sure to tell us all about it when you get it and post some pictures if you can.

Take care

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
hozztil said:
I am to take delivery on my first Boss Hoss (2004 350) bike in March. Trying to find a good seat for 2 up riding. The Corbin dual touring seat caught my eye. Would like to hear from anyone who has this seat and if there are others out there that people recommend. Also as a new Boss owner, what are some other important things I should be aware of. Thanks.
Fine choice ... your going to love it - CONGRATULATIONS! :D

I have the Mustang Touring seat on my bike. I took the bike on a trip shortly after purchase and the wife was very comfortable. I had an 1800 Goldwing for my "long distance" riding before - she says the Boss is MORE comfortable then the Wing was for her ... so she does know.

Good luck, enjoy the bike!

Don

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Welcomw Hozztil , The main thing you have to be aware of is the do's and don'ts on how to treat you 2 speed trans. Hopefully there is a section in the new manuals that tells you this. If not let us know and one of us can tell you what they are if you don't already know . I hope your Boss gives you as much enjoyment as ours give us.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Hozztil,

Just remember, if you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Welcome to the group & enjoy your new ride, they are the ultimate bar bike :beer3:

Tim

·
Registered
488 Posts
I assume you are talking about this Corbin (see pic)......If I were you I would wait and ride someones bike that has one or find a dealer that will let you put it on your bike for a test ride.
On the other hand if you have plenty of money ($1500.00 with backrests)....go for it.
Some people might like it but my experience with the one I had really sucked,besides weighing 25 lbs. and hard as heck to get on and off it always felt as if it was throwing me towards the tank....I left it on for about 3 weeks hoping it would get better but it never did.....
I'm sure there are some people out here that love theirs and telling someone how a seat feels is like trying to tell them about how good or bad your boots feel....(You need to try one first.....Trust me.....)....
The Corbins on the 2000's and earlier are comfy..but the new ones need some work...I ended up using mine as a Boat anchor!!!

My .02 worth :wink:

Badger....Dave

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. Thanks Badger Dave for your opinion. You're exactly right in that unless everyone has the same butt, the same seat will feel and fit differently. Good advice to road test it first (especially considering the cost). The only Boss I have ridden has the stock Mustang seat which didn't feel very comfortable to me. My buddy (who owns the bike) said he likes it fine. (Two different butts, I guess)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hozztil,
Congrats on your purchase. I have had a number of bikes but this one has brought me the most enjoyment. If you did not like the stock seat did you try the touring mustang seat that they offer. On my 98 I did not like the stock seat and didn't like the Corbin seat. Had mine redone by Mike Corbin's x-wife up here in CT and it works great. V-Man is correct. I too am more comfortable on the Hoss than the Wing or BMW LT.
Glenn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts