V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Perhaps some might brainstormed this before, anybody came up with an idea on how to install a reverse system to a clutch bike. An option that I was thinking is installing a small electric motor with a sprocket to the chain.

Any ideas or feedback ?

thanks,

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Reverse mechanism on clutch bike

I will give it another go as it seems nobody has ever tried to install a reverse mechanism on a clutch bike.

Any brothers out there when they owned these clutch bikes thought off installing or perhaps installed a reverse mechanism to their bike. I've been crunching some ideas & mind you im not mechanically orientated but can work around with a spanner.

My thoughts for the reverse project is to install an additional sprocket to the outwards drive, i.e. bigger diameter & couple it up with a starter. I think its viable. Any opinions ? I shouldn't damage the clutch & drive when functioning the reverse as the bike can be reversed pulled back by a 2nd pair of legs :)

So i'm tinkering around to see any viable options or perhaps any of you blokes have pics of your installation.

Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts