V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need new Riding Boots..

What do Boss Hoss riders wear? My old leather boots were too slippery on the bottom and probably too short to save my calves from being fried occasionally. Doesnt rain much around where I live, so getting wet is not a problem.

Lots of choices on the market, but I'd prefer something that's easy to get on and off...i.e zipper etc and has enough tread to keep the Boss from slipping out under me.

Thanks in advance..

Keep the rubber side spinnin'
Aldo

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
While they are not "riding boots" I have found Bates Ultra-Lites to be the most comfortable boot made. I'm sure they don't offer the protection that a full leather boot offers but they are cool and feel like a tennis shoe for walking. I always wore the bigger, heavier boots but when I got to where I was going they were uncomfortable and hot so on very hot days I would opt to wear a lighter shoe thus less protection. These are comfortable for year around use and are water resistant (not proof). I get the 8" with zipper and no steel toe. Just the right height so as not to get burns from the headers on the BH. Our SWAT team uses a heavier boot for call out but many of our officers wear the Ultra-lites for daily uniform use on third shift. They would wear them on all shifts if I would let them. The soles grip well also. There are other makes that have the denier ballistic nylon inserts on the side that allow the boot to breath but these are the most popular. Stop by any police supply store and try some on. Depending on style, height, and steel toe they range from $65-$100.

Conrad

·
Registered
23 Posts
Russell motorcycle boots

They are pricy but are custom made to fit your feet & calf. Zipper in back. They have a moccasin like construction and you get a choice of two top heights.

They have a super gippy sole and are waterproof. I love mine (had Cruiserworks before)

Check them out:
http://russellmoccasin.com/

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Well, those police boots sound better than mine, but for comfort and pretty good durability, I use Vasque hiking boots. I wear them all day every day and they tend to last about a year. I have permanent BH burn marks on my legs now so that doesn't seem to matter any more.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I too like to wear the Bates ultra lights. I have wore them for about 3 years and find the comfort hard to beat. I wear the ones with the nylon mesh on the side and the zipper but they are not high enough to keep away the burns. I even wear mine to jog in.

Bill

·
Registered
63 Posts
Boot Question

Howdy everyone,
I really love the SIDI Sympatex boots that are very comfortable, slip resistant, protection and they are water proof. I have actually trout fished in them. Long story, shallow creek. But they are waterproof, very comfortable, and do offer some nice protection. A little pricey, but last a long time. I have the model without the external buckles, just closes with velcro. The sole does lose some of it's slip resistance with age and mileage, but I have over 60,000 motorcycle miles on mine and will just now be buying a replacement pair. Here is a link, although I have not affliation with motonation.
Regards,
Bill Crittenden

YMMV

http://www.motonation.com/subcategory.asp?cid=2

·
Registered
33 Posts
BOOTS

BEST BOOTS IN THE WORLD, CRUISERWORKS BOOTS OUT OF CHARLOTTE, N.C. GOT 3 PAIRS. NEVER WET FEET, EVEN IN THE NASTIEST STORM YOU CAN IMAGINE. HEAR THEY ARE SELLING OUT, SO YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK IT OUT FOR A DEAL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts