V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got shamed into going to Daytona earlier today by Tom Breedlove. Was going to miss it in favor of Key West and FantasyFest but now I guess I've got to do both. Looking forward to seeing you Tom if I'm not in divorce court, hee hee. Taking Momma would take away from some of the fun with cole slaw wrestling, naked gals sitting on the chopper, and my straining my neck with all the Key West body paint participants.

Anyhow, trying to see how many of you guys on this board are planning to be there. I suppose as always, the Highlander is the boilerplate meeting spot? Who here is going?

Elliot

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Lamont,

I'm not too sure I will be now. Called a few places today who said they're not taking any Oct. bookings. Some are cancelling their existing reservations and some were trying to place their customers at other places. Apparently, there was some serious water damage when Hurricane Charlie exited Florida through Daytona. Some said they will not be done with repairs by Biketoberfest.

Elliot

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Elliot

I sure hope you were able to find a place to crash ... I'm looking forward to checking out the new chopper! I wish we had some extra space I could offer you but our little place is packed.

Good luck - Hope to see you there

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
V-Man,

Just got home from NC and discovered I do have a room. Brother Gary got it lined up. Going to be about 8 Boss buds from SW Florida staying at a place on the beach called Super 8 or something like that. Marco Mike, the newest Boss dealer and bud from Marco Island will have his nitrous 540 stroker Boss there but I'll warn you in advance...these little smallblock choppers can k.h.a. There will be some serious smoke coming out of that parking lot. Hopefully, now that Gary and I are no longer Boss brethren, we won't get kicked out of the Highlander, hee hee. Looking forward to seeing you Don.

Elliot

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Geez,

I'll have to give Tom a call. He arrived in Daytona yesterday. Wonder if it was sold, if the name changed or if it will effect all the Boss dealers who are always there? Anyhow, I'll post here when I hear what the poop is from Tom. Appreciate the heads-up.

Elliot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.