V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,038 Posts
Vic told me the dot stuff was all submitted and approved. I got the impression family issues killed the project more than anything else. He had people working for him on a volunteer basis to help keep the fires going one of the insiders told me on the phone.

I think the styling killed the bike as much as anything. When Arnold S came out to compete he did not do so wrapped in a sheet. So much of the bike was hidden under useless fiberglass. The fenders were too big, the trany and radiator were almost totally hidden. You could see more driveline components on a corvette.
Gary....it was NOT stying that killed it.

Vic was an a$$hole to work for but a agreat engineer. Lock him in a room and have him slip his designs under the door and DON'T let him deal with people.

Nobody could work for him...even his son.

He had 2 offers for millions to invest and take the company where it should have gone and refused because he could not work without 100% control and he was a control freek...saw it myself.

Vic was his own downfall and had absolutely nobody else to blame.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
It IS good to have another V8 brand on the board. I hope we can ALL be represented sooner or later. Might work if we can all keep our heads about us. :welcome: :chat: :beer2:

EAGLE!!!!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
:chat:Anything on two wheels is a motorcycle as I see it. My first Gold Wing was a 1977. You know how popular Wings were in 1977? Not very. The vibration of the Harley hurt my leg, so I went looking for something without the vibration. I have had 4 Wings over the years. 1977, 1978, 1991 (still have it) and a 1997 Valkyrie. Wish I still had that one!

If there is anything wrong with a Gold Wing is it has too much plastic on it! (opinion)

·
Registered
262 Posts
I am the one that revived this thread, and being the only Big Brute owner that I know of on this board, I think that qualifies me to make a few remarks about some of the 4 year old posts in this thread.

First off I want to tell everyone how happy I am to find other like minded V8 two wheel enthusiasts. Not everyone understands the feeling you get with a 5,700 CC (or larger) engine on a motorcycle frame. Thanks for allowing me a place inside your walls.

Now for the toe stomping, and some of you guys have it coming just a bit. Some of you have gone over the top in your remarks towards Vic on this thread (board). Reread your posts, your Grandmother never taught your mother to talk that way. I will not mention names, it is not my job to moderate this board. However, I ride the cycle you are talking about in this thread, and I have ALWAYS found Vic to be willing to take my calls, hustle me parts, offer me advice, and be my friend.

Now if any of you have had first hand knowledge of Vic being less that 100% with you, I am sorry, but I feel the place to iron that out would be with Vic, not here on a private message board where Vic is not a poster and able to defend himself.

Case in point: There is a message board like this one called Yellow Jacket, or something like that. There tag line is kill people and eat them or some other weird thing. I found them through google while I was trying to solve the battery issue on my bike. Google showed a thread where Vic and Big Brute was being talked about. This is a thread going back years. I started reading, and the people were pulling the skin off Vic, calling him a liar, thief, and worse. One guy posted something positive about him, and fifty people were throwing stones.

The main gripe was some guy from Australia that purchased a transmission and never got it (so he said) I signed up for a membership, and started asking questions of this guy about the transmission he never got. After 24 hours and dozens of posts, PM's and this guy getting really pissed at me, he finally admitted Vic sent him the transmission, looking just fine, but he never got around to installing it. The transmission was years late. No excuse for that, except sometimes in business, you have failures outside your control. Hundreds of airlines have sold tickets and then gone into bad times, and not honored the tickets at all. Every industry has stories like that. I am so sorry business has turned under for Vic, but Vic kept true to his word, and managed to send this kid the transmission, late, but he did it. This guy in Australia, never told the people in that thread, even after dozens of posts where I was asking him questions about the transmission.

So my questions is, just how much of the grief Vic has gotten in the boards is from people just not liking Vic for whatever reason, and threads where people are being dishonest about the deals they have gotten from Vic? Do I think he had his business turn down in volume? Yes, it appears so, but is it because of stories we all tell about him , some of which I proved this week WERE NOT TRUE?

I feel if Vic owes you something, tell him. If you feel he has harmed you, tell him. To call the guy a crook, when you personally have never done business with him, and you are going on just something someone else has said, is not fair, and something your grandmother would not be proud of. Some of us here have done business with Vic. Some of us know him better than others.

If Vic gets hurt by false rumors (as I proved for myself this week), it not only hurts him, it hurts all V8 bikers. It especially hurts me, as I still ask Vic for help from time to time, and I need to make sure he answers the phone in a way that makes it possible to help me, the same way you all want help with your rides when you need help.

Please go to your old posts, and if you said something about Vic (or anybody) that you personally in your heart to know is hurtful without solid justification, remove it. It would make me feel better as a proud Big Brute owner.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I am sure you have never heard of Vic Richards and some folks on this board has also not heard of him. HE IS CROOK and will rip you off in a heart beat. His tranny is supposed to be good but go back in our post from yester years you will see what I mean. My friend Reilly bought one and it took 4 years to get it working where as he had to get some one here in the USA to build a shaft strong enough to hold the Stock Boss Hoss.

Adrian

:agree:

·
Registered
616 Posts
I am the one that revived this thread, and being the only Big Brute owner that I know of on this board, I think that qualifies me to make a few remarks about some of the 4 year old posts in this thread.

Now if any of you have had first hand knowledge of Vic being less that 100% with you, I am sorry.... :thumbup2:

Google showed a thread where Vic and Big Brute was being talked about. This is a thread going back years. I started reading, and the people were pulling the skin off Vic, calling him a liar, thief, and worse. One guy posted something positive about him, and fifty people were throwing stones. :diggin_smilie:

The transmission was years late. No excuse for that, except sometimes in business, you have failures outside your control. Hundreds of airlines have sold tickets and then gone into bad times, and not honored the tickets at all. Every industry has stories like that. I am so sorry business has turned under for Vic, but Vic kept true to his word, and managed to send this kid the transmission, late, but he did it. :261:

So my questions is, just how much of the grief Vic has gotten in the boards is from people just not liking Vic for whatever reason... :dontknow:

Some of us here have done business with Vic. Some of us know him better than others. :agree:

Please go to your old posts, and if you said something about Vic (or anybody) that you personally in your heart to know is hurtful without solid justification, remove it.

I hope you're just yanking some chains here. You actually want us to retract justified things that were said about Vic because you ride a Big Brute and want him to still answer his phone when you have a problem? I'd do a bit more research into the history here if you're going to dredge this stuff up and then suggest people are acting way bad or need to retract what they said.

:beatdeadhorse:

·
Premium Member
7,038 Posts
Gary,

I have been around this forum since the start and the V8 Yahoo Group for a long time...so about 10 years in total.

I am glad for you that Vic treated you fair...he may have been that way to more people and probably was...but it is the others that were done wrong by that come to light more than the good ones...and I beleive the majority were not treated right.

AND...I truly do not believe anything said on this forum about Vic and his company is false...said either by myself or anyone else here. You will not find anyone retracting anyhthing.

I do know Vic better than anyone else here..it almost cost me a lot of money for that education...way too close for comfort. I owned / ordered / and sold 3 of his bikes and did business for 2 years with him.

Unfortunately you will not find any support for Vic on this forum.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Gary,

I have been around this forum since the start and the V8 Yahoo Group for a long time...so about 10 years in total.

I am glad for you that Vic treated you fair...he may have been that way to more people and probably was...but it is the others that were done wrong by that come to light more than the good ones...and I beleive the majority were not treated right.

AND...I truly do not believe anything said on this forum about Vic and his company is false...said either by myself or anyone else here. You will not find anyone retracting anyhthing.

I do know Vic better than anyone else here..it almost cost me a lot of money for that education...way too close for comfort. I owned / ordered / and sold 3 of his bikes and did business for 2 years with him.

Unfortunately you will not find any support for Vic on this forum.
But we are glad you are here and have a working example of the VR-2 trans. It`s nice to know at least one of them actually works.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Quote:..Please go to your old posts, and if you said something about Vic (or anybody) that you personally in your heart to know is hurtful without solid justification, remove it. It would make me feel better as a proud Big Brute owner.

Gary...I had solid justification with Vic back in 03,it got real nasty and He hid from me at bike week in Daytona that year..Good thing!!'''

No removing posts from me...as a matter of fact if you have his phone #.I'll call him..I wasn't thru with him yet.

The only other person I can think of that I talk bad about is Geezer...But he likes it!!! :roflblack:

Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Tony.I used to help buiold these Big Brute v8's They still make the trany but not the bike.You can contact them by e-mail on the web page.
I am trying to send you a picture of one of the bikes in the building process. Thanks. Bill Z
my dad recently passed away and now I have a Big Brute.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts