V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm beginning to think that you guys are a bad influence on me (at least that is what I am telling the wife).
After talking to everyone at MB, I came to the conclusion that I needed a torque converter for my Boss (Honey, everyone else has one). Yesterday, I called Randy and orded a #7 so the MB trip just got more expensive; but I am looking forward to having it installed and having it help my "performance". Daytona Boss Hoss is also going to do the 05 pump mod on the transmission while it is down, but I do not know how much that will help.
While I am at it, I was talking to someone at MB and was saying that I might put a Wind Vest on the Boss and they said that they had the Boss brackets for the Wind Vest. I do not remember who it was that I was talking to; too much going on. If you read this post, please let me know how I can get in touch.
Thanks Milo

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hello Milos, I was not the one you were talking to, but I did the torque converter, smaller tooth front pulley (2) and I'm now on my second tire in about 1200 miles. I also have the windvest on my bike and the wifes trike, nice set-up you will love it. Just big enough to do the job, but not to big and bulky.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Do you have the big or small wind vest? I do a lot of long distance riding and thing that the large Wind Vest is the one I should go with.
Milo
ps How the hell did you end up with a name like Milos? lol

·
Registered
141 Posts
Rob, you silly bast##*d . You made it home from Myrtle, huh!!!!! It was great meeting you and DW(DA WIFE). Can't wait till Dyersburg. I'm sure you will have traded the 5th wheel by then and into the motor home scene....ha ha!!!!! What an awesome burnout you and Scott did at the pit in HB Spokes saloon in Myrtle. 2 Bosses side by side. Make sure you send the photo to me.
Milo, we are not a bad influence here, we just LOVE spending other peoples money. It leaves more in our own pockets. Enjoy life my friend!!!
Yahoooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! From the North...where the men are men and the women are men... Steve

·
Registered
141 Posts
:shock: Oh, Milo, I forgot to tell you, if you don't get your way with DW, you just have to sulk around the house for awhile until they feel sorry for you. For first hand instructions ask V-Man. Steve

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Hey Bro, hows your noise doing? Did it get any better or any worst? Thanks for letting me spin the tire a bit on your bike 8) I sure had a good time riding in the group with you, I think we gave the folks something to talk about. ;)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Milo,

Somehow I missed the windvest part of your original post. It was me you were talking to about the Windvest. I have a windvest with the handle bar brackets I'll part with. The Windvest has about 1 1/2" broken off diagonally on the lower right bottom (sitting on bike) that is actually pretty straight. A rock or something must have broke it. You could duplicate the other side and it would look just fine but truthfully you can hardly notice it anyway unless you just happen to notice it! It doesn't glare out at ya. Call me if you're interested. 919-413-1427 (C) Leave me a message if I don't answer and I'll get back to ya. If you don't want the shield I'll let the brackets go.

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts