V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's DAMN cold outside today here in Richmond (and most of the country I imagine) and it snowed yesterday so there's not much riding to talk about. Maybe some of you have a good story or two about a run-in with the law? I'll tell you mine from last year to start it off:

I invited some high-school buddies to the Richmond NASCAR Race last spring and we had a hell of a tailgate party at a friend's camper. I rode the Boss to the race and it got ALOT of attention throughout the day. We partied into the night and stayed in the camper that night.

The next morning I was warming up the bike to leave and, somehow, a crowd gathered around. Did I mention in an earlier post that I have peer-pressure issues? Well, I just couldn't leave too quietly, so I lit the rear tire up and made more smoke than Robby Gordon spinning in turn 3!!!

Well, I found out a few moments later, that there was a cop in an unmarked car in the shopping center down the street. He followed me for about three miles before lighting me up. He walks up and asks for my license and registration...in a pissed-off voice. He looks up at me and says, "Mr. Taylor...............WHY DID YOU DO THAT BURNOUT?" There is no way I can put on paper what he sounded like, but it was bad........VERY BAD :shock: . I was starting to realize that I might be headed for a level of trouble that I didn't necessarily want to be at.

Luckily, my intimidated brain sped through several scenarios to spin to this cop and landed on the "I lost control in front of by buddies and was showing off" answer. It was going to be either that answer or possibly, "This bike has 500 horsepower and the throttle is quite sensitive...I must have hit a patch of oil or something...I only meant to accelerate quickly to 45mph, not spin the tire like I apparently did".

I must have chosen the right answer because after he sat in his car for a while, making me sweat it out, he came back and said something about a wreckless driving ticket, but all I really heard was, "Don't do that again!"

Now, I thought only really hot blondes got out of tickets. I'm not really sure what he was thinking, because he was still trying to scare the hell out of me, but I think he let me go because HE JUST SAW A FRICKIN' AWESOME BURNOUT FROM A 500 HP BOSS HOSS MOTORCYCLE and he was dieing to get back to the station and tell his buddies about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I love this bike. :D

Bill Taylor

·
Registered
131 Posts
lots of them, but here is one

Couple of my skydiving buddies and I were riding home after a good day of jumping. They were on sport bikes and were doing stoppies at the lights. I was trying to behave myself but after a few miles I had to have some fun.

I dropped back some and then came blasting past them riding sidesaddle with no hands. They got back up with me and were laughing their butts off. We were doing about eighty when I stood up on the seat (but still holding the bars) and we went to tripple didgits. They were doing wheelies, must have been a sight to see.

Anyway, we slowed down to about 55mph and then I lit up the tire. I was looking in the mirror admiring the long smoking burnout when I noticed that my buddies were not speeding up with me. What do they know that I don't?

A moment later here comes the BLUE LIGHTS. Ops! We all pull over and the first thing the officer said was, WHY THE HELL DID YOU LIGHT THE TIRE RIGHT NEXT TO ME LIKE THAT? :roll:

In a few minutes, four more cop cars came. The first guy took all the other cops over to show them the BIG REAR TIRE and tell them about the long burnout I did.

In the end, the three of us got a warning. No tickets, just told me to look around a bit before doing that again.

Those officers are to cool for words, thanks guys.

CR

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your Crazyness,
Great story! But maybe not quite as good as the one you told me about the out-of-control burnout in the parking lot (at a Hooters bike show?), though no cops were involved in that one.

What a manuver you pulled off, at high speed, spinning the tire, etc.

Care to share that one with the group? Sorry to put you on the spot.

Bill

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hooters-Burnouts

Hey Bill,
I think you mean the time (about 3yrs ago at Hooters). I was going to put down about 25ft of rubber and get out of it for the turn at the end of the parking lot. The problem was, at 25ft I was crossed up and could not get out of it for fear of the highside to come if I did.

I had to wait for her to get straight to let off. Now I'm haulin the mail and the end of the lot is coming up fast.

It's funny how things go into slow motion at times when you think you're about to $%^up. I was thinking about all the people that are about to see me bust my butt.

Anyway, I got hard on both brakes and locked the rear tire. The Boss started to get sideways, tire out to the right. As I got to the end of the lot I let off the rear brake and hit the gas.

I thought I would highside but she turned left pretty as you please. We went right through the left turn that was roped off for the bikes. A quick right onto the street and fired off about 200 feet of smoke.

I came back awhile later and folks thought that was an amazing stunt. Little did they no I was totaly out of control. :lol:

I now make sure I have a little more room before pulling the trigger. :D
CR.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Ya, I pulled a dumb stunt myself too

But this was just before I got my Boss. I was on my Valkyire. Just got off the main street and onto a highway (my favourite for hitting top speed). This is an interconnect hiway of maybe 5 miles long max. Sunday morning and little traffic. I look to my left and don't see any cars except the ones in my right lane. So I hit it thru the gears and quickly get to 100mph and start slowing down for the very next exit. I look in my rear view mirror and see a fast approaching vehicle. Hmm, what's that on his roof- a ski rack? Na, flashing blue lights. He gets behind me as I am ready to exit off the highway. He gets on his loud speaker and says "I am going to stop you-just find a safe place to park". Shoot. After I stop, get off my bike, pull my helmet off, the cop is walking towards me laughing. "Don't worry, I aint gonna give you a ticket, but I gotta make it look good. Didn't you see me as you got on the hiway? I was right there. You got on the hiway okay then then you were off to the races. You must have been dong 90mph! I had to go after you cause I would look like an a..hole in front of those two cars you flew by"... He let me go with a laugh. Kool..

·
Registered
131 Posts
Busted doing burnout again

:) Two tickets in the last month, so I had been very careful all day. I had spent yesterday in Driver School for the burnout I got busted for in Daytona. I stopped for gas and there were eight other bikers in the station already.

They all came over to see the big block and take pictures etc. I let one guy sit on it for a picture and even started it up for him while he was on it.

It turns out they are all police officers out on thier sport bikes. They invite me on an upcoming ride and say that they go real fast. Hey, sounds good to me, count me in. We exchange phone numbers and I start it up to leave.

I asked them if they could keep me out of jail I'll put on a show on the way out. They said go for it. :D

Now keep in mind that we are in the same town that I was stopped in just a month or two ago. We are on the main street that goes through this town.

They stand there as I turn out and fire off the back tire and put down at least 300 feet of rubber. Looked in the rear veiw and all I could see was smoke. But when the smoke cleared all I could see was BLUE LIGHTS.

I pulled over and in comes two police cars. I told the guy that eight officers told me to do it. Hey! Right! The first guy ain't happy with me. I look over and the other one is getting out of his car and he is the same guy that got me last time. O-sheet!

They are not buying my story when the eight guys on the sport bikes come rolling in. But the first guy STILL AIN'T very happy. They told him that is was at thier asking that I did it and please help us out.

They could have got themselves in some hot water over this but they did save my butt. Thanks you guys, that was awesome. They could have rode off and left me but didn't.

The man that pulled me over told me to go to the another county next time cause if I did it again in his town I was goin to jail. Yikes! He still ain't happy.

I think I need to chill for awhile, my luck is all used up. Next time you see me I'll be riding real slow. :lol:

PS. don't ride like this.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BULL****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next time I see you will be in Dyersburg at the Boss Hoss Rally, AND YOU WON'T BE RIDING REAL SLOW...I CAN GUARAN-DAMN-TEE IT!!!

Great story.

Bill

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Rick ,

Sorry about all the problem's you have been having with the man but you have proven that **** happens in three's . Be careful man .

Jack

·
Registered
131 Posts
Da Mam

Well, I've received two more save driving awards in the last few weeks.

The last one was for speeding in the same town that a got busted in twice for doing burnouts... :lol: Those guys must love me there! This makes 6 times I've been pulled over sense Daytona. (bad year :shock: )

As it turns out, I was speeding up the road a bit and the county guy called ahead to have the town cops pull me over cause he was having difficulty keeping up. :eek:

The town is logonville on Hwy 78. So if your riding here --SLOW DOWN.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts