V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen him post anything in a LONG time, hope all is OK. I sent him an e-mail but no response and it was never returned so I assume the e-mail address was right. Anybody hear from him? You lurking here Hoss? :roll:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Hoss just recently opened a new Pizza business and I'm sure it's keeping him pretty busy .

Jack

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Hey Jack,

Congratulations on Syracuse area being rated the snow capital of the US again this year :lol: 137"....you did good :wink:

Just keep it there will ya........I'm one of the anti-tree huggers that is praying for massive global warming so Minnesota will have weather like Florida & Arizona in my lifetime :lol:

Tim

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jack! If you stop in for a grinder or a pizza let him know I've been thinking of him and wish him the best of luck with new business! Tell him to stop in sometime if he can find a few minutes.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Snow

Hey Grumpy,
The eastern suburbs of Cleveland here had 128"....not far behind. Let's all retire and move to Arizona and start our own city. I'm going soon. "Bosshossalvania" Arizona has a ring to it. We'll make sure there are no noise ordinances on the books.
Conrad

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Conrad,

I like it, and I've already desiged the ballot for police commissioner in
"Bosshossalvania" and it only has 1 candidate :lol: (Need to have a police commissioner that is not noise sensitive)...sorry about that retirement thought :? Just think, a police department all riding V8 scoots, all volunteer, only reimbursed for fuel and ammunition :lol: 8) :cop2:

Tim

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Spring

Kind of funny you mention "noise". This morning, three complaints of our department not taking a more agressive stance on motorcycle noise in our downtown area are sitting on my desk. Happens every Spring. I'll have someone return their calls. If they only knew!!!!! That's why a wear a helmet and stay out of my city when possible.

Conrad

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
That is becoming a large issue here in Minnesota. A number of the small towns that sit along the Minnesota & Mississippi rivers (all great & popular m/c runs) have initiated noise ordinances in the past 18 months trying to stemm the amount of motorcycles traveling through their communities. It's too bad that we need to have that type of regulatory concern when the regulators must have something more important to concentrate their efforts & time on :cry:

Oh well, that's why a person needs to live in Nevada where it's sparcely populated, open 24 hours and no state taxes :lol:

Tim

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Hell , 137 " is nothing . Where I live in Parish N.Y. which is on the east end of lake Ontario , winter of 2004 , we had 210 " .
That's why I say , we need our gas hog 4 wheel drive trucks and SUV's .

Jack

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Jack,

How far did you move from the other place?? I thought you were in the same area.

It was just funny, this morning on the PR station they were announcing various "awards" for cities and they brought up Syracuse for the snow. I had remembered you saying you were in that 120 to 130" region.

Yup, you get all of the 'lake effect' where you are. It's okay though, you can keep it and we won't complain. I'm too old for that crude anymore. I want global warming :lol: Cripes, this week we're back into the cold and rain "sheet". Highest will be 63 on Sunday :cry:

Talked to Steve Hanson this afternoon, they're in Wilmington, NC sitting in the sun having cocktails with friends....enjoying life 8)

Oh wellllllll....Tim

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Tim ,

I moved only 12 miles north of Brewerton N.Y. where I had a place on Oneida lake . That 12 miles makes a huge difference in the amount of snow we get . This may sound crazy but we like the snow and we like playing in it . We hunt , ski , skate , snowshoe , snowmobile , ATV and it's also a good time to work on our bikes in a nice heated garage . Having lived in this climate all of our lives , we are used to it and it also keeps us in shape . We wouldn't want to live anywhere else . Going to Florida for a few weeks is a nice break but I wouldn't want to live there and I know they wouldn't want to live here either .

Jack

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Hey Jack,

Well at least you didn't go too far..your still in the middle of our traffic lanes should we need to 'ship' some parts along the way :lol:

I guess I shouldn't bitch, I was born in Minnesota (on the Norwegian Riviera/North Shore) and although I spent a lot of years in California, Montana and Pennsylvania, I keep coming back here :? Guess because the overall quality of life is pretty good. In recent years, the winters get to be a little less tolerable and the idea of getting away to a warm climate for a few long weekends through out the winter is pretty appealing. In addition, the tax situation in Minnesota is not advantageous for retirement.

We're thinking of taking the motorhome and bikes to Florida this fall, leaving them at a campground and flying down 3 or 4 times during the winter for 4 day weekends......airfare from here to a few areas in Florida is really cheap if booked out a couple months. Been researching "secure" campgrounds that are fairly reasonable but have not found the 'ideal' one yet. Probably go to the Ft. Myers area instead of the east side, just for the warmer temps and more stable weather patterns, or try the Orlando area just because of the 'super saver airfares' available....$250 R/T per person.

Another good 'temporary' retirement area is Laughlin, Nv......easy access and nice tax situation if you establish residency there.

But with the kids and grandkids here, chances of really moving permanently is not an option :lol:

Tim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts