V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
221 - 223 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 · (Edited)
Fuel Selector Replaced, And Results on Alternator

I wanted to replace the electric fuel tank selector valve with a manual selector, but I couldn't get it plumbed in a way that would allow me to switch tanks on the fly, so I ended up doing a direct replacement of the BWD #FSV1 universal valve.

When I went to remove the alternator I discovered a break in the copper strands of the alternator wire, behind the "eyelet" terminal. A piece of heat-shrink insulation was holding everything together. There's no telling how long the copper had been snapping off inside there until it broke completely during a ride last weekend. I had bought a replacement alternator. It will go on a shelf until I really do need it. The trike's battery is on a charger for now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow so much work, impressive! May I pick your brain? Would the module for my brake lights be under the gas tank as well as the signal light module? Just got mine and need to fix the light issue before it passes inspection! UGH!! Signal module should arrive today but now I may need the other one too?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
did you find part number for the foot pegs??? ive been looking and all the harley ones are to small round for the pipe on my trike,,,thanks

221 - 223 of 223 Posts