V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all you European Boss Hoss owners,

I sure had a great time meeting and getting to know all of you. Thank you all for being able to speak English much better than I could speak German. I always thought that the word "Poof" was something a magician(Great tricks Claudio!!!) said during a magic act. Little did I know I said something wrong(puff) in mixed company. Sorry, but I hope you all had a good laugh at the "dumb American". I had a fabulous time! I believe the 1st International Rally was a great success. 47 Boss Hosses! Pullman City II is a great place to gather. Thanks for the trophy! I loved seeing all the modifications all of you have done to your bikes.
I was really impressed with how hard you ride in the twisties on your Bosses! I saw many of you scraping the pegs OFTEN!(..except Olaf--he just uses the heels of his boots as "scrapers") You European riders have to be much better riders than we Americans, because if you make one mistake you go flying off a mountain! The scenery is gorgeous everywhere I looked! Martin Kolbe heard me say that many times.
Russ Allen(England)--I loved your radiator grill! Uwe Freund--first licensed Boss Hoss in Deutschland. Birger Hansen(Denmark)---Super Great fuel tank design! Peter Lüthcke--you and Barbara really made me feel welcome! Alfred Greulich--Great John Deere theme! John de Roode--great paint scheme, and super idea about your tank modification--really makes sense.
I missed the rider from Poland--I loved all your strobe lights! Olaf--great modifications to your bike, and such a big rear tire, and such a beautiful wife, Ramona! Andy and Andy--thanks for the shirt and I hope everything goes smoothly getting the business going soon. I'll try to catch you in Dyersburg on August 22.
Wolfgang Hagerberger--Thanks so much for hosting all of us at Pullman City II!!!! It is a great facility! Thanks for the pitcher---it made the trip home to Dyersburg.
The represented countries: Germany, Denmark, Poland, Finland, England, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, U.S.A. If I missed any, please correct me.
As soon as I get all my film developed, I'll call Chad Osborne at Boss Hoss Country and see what we can get in the magazine.
When is the video going to be available that Gerd Scheidel did for us?
I sure hope other American Boss Hoss owners will try to make the 2nd international rally, as it was a rewarding experience for me.
Please share your comments with me.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Bill,

Glad you had a good time, but I'm also glad you're back safely. Let's ride as soon as Dennis goes through and it dries out again.

Alan

·
Registered
838 Posts
Bill,
we had a great time, and many people said they liked you very much,
and asked me if you will come again next year. Bill, you are VERY
welcome at every time to visit us again. The HARZ newspaper wrote an
article about the meeting (rally) one day later, and they mentioned you
several times.

Heehehehe…no, the “poof” wasn’t wrong, it was just funny. Martin, Bill and
I had a steak for dinner. The waitress came to our table, when Martin said
something to Bill (must have had something to do with Claudio, the
magician from Switzerland). Bill said very loud “POOF”…hehehehehe….the
waitress watched Bill, and I think she tried to ignore what he just
said. “Poof” means “whorehouse” in German language , the spelling is
different (Puff=whorehouse), but it sounded exactly the same …
hahahaha…still have to laugh.
:lol:

I don’t think that the Euros are better riders than the US citizens. Do you
remember how Sunday ended for me? :oops:

Krzysztof from Poland had to leave on Saturday afternoon, because he
had to be back in Warsaw, Poland in the evening.His HOG chapter (he’s
the president of the Warsaw HOG chapter) had a party this day, too.

Gerd's film will be ready in about 3 month. But it will
come in European PAL TV standard only. I will convert it to a common
Video CD format and send it to you. They will show the film in the
German TV in November or December. I can't wait to see it, but
I also hope they will cut me while stuttering and getting a red head at the first interview.
:lol:

As said – lots of people asked me if you’d come back next year. We
would like to have you at the 2nd BH rally in 2006 again, Bill. It was so nice to talk and to ride with you.

Loaf

PS: I’ll send a picture CD to you to give you a bigger choice of pics for the magazin.

Daylight fun!

Mainstreet of Pullman City (pic 1)

Mainstreet of Pullman City (pic 2)

Mainstreet of Pullman City (pic 3)

The Saloon..

Alfred "The strong man", "Mr.John Deere Boss Hoss", Greulich..hehehe

Martin Kolbe and Bill Van Sant havin' fun!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hello Loaf,

Main street Pullman City reminds me of Rawhide in Arizona, hitching posts and everything. Looks like the event was great, maybe some day the Arizona gang will join the party. How difficult is it to ship a Boss to Germany. Will the roadway authorities allow a vehicle with American emissions, exhaust systems, and registrations take to the highway?

BTW, Doc bought a new Trike from Daytona Boss Hoss...

Ralphie

·
Registered
131 Posts
Int. Rally

Hey, now I have somewhere else to dream of going to. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Hope some of you can make it to the Rally on this side of the ocean.

Rob, I still have that steak dinner for ya!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Desert Deuce said:
Hello Loaf,

Main street Pullman City reminds me of Rawhide in Arizona, hitching posts and everything. Looks like the event was great, maybe some day the Arizona gang will join the party. How difficult is it to ship a Boss to Germany. Will the roadway authorities allow a vehicle with American emissions, exhaust systems, and registrations take to the highway?

BTW, Doc bought a new Trike from Daytona Boss Hoss...

Ralphie
Hi Ralphie,
yes - Pullman City is looking very similiar to Rawhide. That's what I
thought too, when I saw it. I don't know much about shipping a bike
over the pond, but I guess the US registration is not a problem, since
many US registrated cars drive thru the south part of Germany (Army).

Emission laws wouldn't be a problem for you as a visitor of our country.
Exhaust systems without mufflers are not allowed here, but the police
tolerate them on a Boss Hoss - at least they did so for the last 3 years
at my bike and many other Boss Hoss fellows. They stopped me on the
way to Pullman City last week. Their speed check radar said 50 in a 30
zone. They watched the bike for a while, asked some questions, and
said: "Go, continue your tour, but don't tell someone we didn't charged
you" That was cool.... :shock:

Nice to hear that Doc bought a trike, too. Send him, Jerr Bear, Bradley,
and the other good guys from the Arizona gang many, many greetings
from me and Ramona. Special greetings to Sue of course!!!

Loaf

·
Registered
838 Posts
Re: Int. Rally

crazy_rick said:
Hey, now I have somewhere else to dream of going to. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Hope some of you can make it to the Rally on this side of the ocean.

Rob, I still have that steak dinner for ya!

Rick,
Uwe Freund and I already thought/talked about a "european invasion of
Boss Hoss riders" to the USA. He organizes bike vacations to Daytona Bike
Week every year, and he always brings his Boss to Daytona - every year.
So this is the right man for me to talk to when we decide to come over.

I think we could find 5 to 10 BH riders over here , who
would like to take part of the National rally. Unfortunatly I'm
probably the poorest Boss Hoss owner on earth...hehehehe
So it will take a while. Maybe not this year, and maybe not next year.
I'll have to save money first. But I would like to do it someday - at least
one time in my live I would like to be in States with my own Boss.
And once I'm there, then I would like to stay for at least three weeks and
make a Smokie Mountains tour with the bike and my friends- before or
after the rally. Damn - that sure must be nice...someday for sure....

Loaf

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Olaf , maybe it was mentioned here and I didn't see it , but how many Boss's showed up for your ralley over there ?

Jack

·
Registered
83 Posts
On the thrid picture from the top there are two bikes in the bottom right hand corner that have unusual gas tanks on them. I can see the "normal" Boss tanks throughout the photo, but what are those two? Are those some type of European Bosses, or are they custom built by the owners?

·
Registered
838 Posts
HogV8 said:
Olaf , maybe it was mentioned here and I didn't see it , but how many Boss's showed up for your ralley over there ?

Jack
Jack,
there have been 46 Boss Hoss bikes, 1 Boss Hoss trike, 1 Indian V8, and
a couple of ITM V8 trikes at the rally.

VReater said:
On the thrid picture from the top there are two bikes in
the bottom right hand corner that have unusual gas tanks on them. I can
see the "normal" Boss tanks throughout the photo, but what are those
two? Are those some type of European Bosses, or are they custom built
by the owners?
The two tanks are custom made by Birger, the owner of both bikes. The
one in the front is his Donovan all aluminum BB - nice bike.

Loaf

·
Registered
329 Posts
Bill, thanks for the kind words. It was great having you there ! :)
This first rally was absolutly super. I am sure there will be even more bikes the second time......
Peter

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Peter,
I stopped by the factory to talk with Rad and show him my pictures from the 1st International rally. He enjoyed the pictures and my story.
I also talked with him about your concern. He said he would like for that to take place in the future sometime, but that it would probably be really expensive.
He did say that, if a Boss Hoss owner from Europe came to the rally in Dyersburg, they could use a demo for the rides/events during the days of the rally.
Hope you're having a good holiday in Canada right now! Say hi to Barbara and Frederick for me.
Bill

·
Registered
329 Posts
Bill,
thank you talking to Rad. As mentioned before, we are aware of the fact that it will be expensive. But if you consider the expense of a flight, rental car, hotel etc. it is a luxury already and we live only once :) Being in Tennessee for a few days, it would make sence to see some more of the country and have a bike for that too, not just for the rally itself. I have rented GoldWings in the States before, and I know that bringing the GoldWing over for more than four weeks by plane is cheaper than renting. May be I have to talk to Uwe and we bring our bikes over and connect that with a longer trip through the states 8)
By the way you forgot the friends from Finland (hi Petri) and I think one guy from Sweden (Carl?)
Peter

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for correcting me Peter. I have just added Finland to my first post in this section. My apologies to the Boss Hoss owners from Finland. Es tut mir leid!
I am STILL waiting for it to stop raining, as it has rained EVERY day here in Dyersburg since I arrived home from Europe. I haven't ridden my own Boss in almost 4 weeks now!
I have a friend working on my Pullman City II pictures. He is putting them on a power point presentation with music and all. I don't have a clue how to do that stuff. After he gets them finished, I will then work on trying to get a copy to you guys.
Bill

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Olaf: When is BH European Rally in 2006?

Olaf

I'll be in Switzerland June 10th 2006. I was wondering if there's a date for the 2nd European Boss Hoss Rally, so I can see if I can make it.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Aldo

·
Registered
838 Posts
Re: Olaf: When is BH European Rally in 2006?

HossZZ4 said:
Olaf

I'll be in Switzerland June 10th 2006. I was wondering if there's a date for the 2nd European Boss Hoss Rally, so I can see if I can make it.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Aldo

Aldo,
the 2nd European Boss Hoss Rally is scheduled for the 30th of June
to the 2nd of July. Would be too nice if you could make it over here :D
Let me know, please....
Olaf aka Loaf

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
My travel schedule

Olaf and Peter

Thanks for the hospitality in advance! You guys are great!
I'm heading to Europe for 3 reasons--my youngest daughter's graduation from high school in Switzerland, my wife's lifelong wish for a tour of Europe and the Boss Hoss Rally.

We'll be in Switzerland (Baar/Zug) from June 9 to June 14. Hope to see Boss Hoss friends in Switzerland while we're there. Then we catch a train to Paris and join this tour...
http://tours.ricksteves.com/tours06/EPR/itin.cfm/rurl/code/EPR/
I'm sure you'll say this is not the "Best of Europe" but for my wife, this is perfect and I'll have little to worry about except my next drink!
Tour ends June 29 after breakfast, so I'm yet to figure out the best way to get to Pullman City from Rome.

I'll need to know whether I should stay in Passau or closer to Pullman City.
Any advice? Unfortunately the schedule doesnt allow any riding! Damn!

The trip is expensive...I'll have to go rob some banks to make it work, but hey, that's what money is for no?

Cheers
Aldo
PS Both my wife Laura and I have grandparents of German descent and I also have a Dutch grandparent. My family name is Adriaan and hers is Hogge. She was born in Gloucester, Virginia USA and I was born in Cape Town, South Africa.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Aldo

I think the best way is to get a flight with air berlin from rome to leipzig
that is not so expensive.if you want we can figure it out.
Do you want to come with wife and daughter or only with your wife?
in this case we need a bike for you.
Let us know.
Andy :beer3:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts