V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're gonna dance you gotta be willing to pay the band, eh? The full story and a picture from the HP of this dude goofing off from the onboard cam is at :

http://www.newsobserver.com/print/satur ... 8203c.html

Chris
Partial story below:

About 2 p.m. Friday, Vaughan patrolled the Beltline in his white unmarked Camaro. He had spent most of the day in a work zone near Poole Road.

Suddenly, three numbers flashed on his radar as its beams swept in front and behind his car. A Suzuki motorcycle pulled up behind Vaughan, then quickly blew by.

The Camaro took off. Vaughan picked up a phone and radioed other officers, "He's running."

The wind whistled as Vaughan eased the Camaro in and out of traffic, keeping up with the motorcyclist. As the trooper followed, the motorcyclist slowed to 70 mph while playfully splaying his legs.

Vaughan alerted other troopers: He's headed westbound.

The motorcyclist glanced back at the car. Vaughan motioned to slow down. Instead, the driver turned around, crouched and swerved into another lane. The Camaro surged forward, keeping pace with the black bike.

A Highway Patrol helicopter, which had just started its patrol flight, flew over the Beltline and began following the motorcycle too.

Then the calm tenor of the dispatcher came over the radio.

"Do you have visual overhead?"

"We've got him," the chopper's pilot responded.

Near the 295-mile marker on I-40, Vaughan pulled back and a marked car moved in.

Trooper E.T. Suttles threw on the lights and sirens. The Suzuki pulled over.

Suttles handcuffed Matthew S. Clayton, 21, of Newport, and cited him for going 125 mph in a 65 mph zone along with careless and reckless driving, according to the tickets.

A minivan drove by. The driver honked, gave troopers the thumbs up and shouted a thank you.

Clayton was headed home to Raleigh from Morehead City, he said. He had a reason for the speeding, swerving and tricks.

"I thought he was trying to race me," Clayton said of Vaughan.

When asked whether his tickets would change his driving habits, Clayton paused.

"Yeah, probably," he said. "It looks like it."

·
Registered
538 Posts

Hi Chris,

Saw this on the Raleigh news. 125 on the beltline (like all cities, we have an interstate bypass). This guy is a mental giant (I'm just envious, I can't get the front wheel to pull off the ground at 125. Of course, at 125 my ass is so puckered I might not notice). He's lucky they did not go with the spike strips like they do with cars.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
reckless driving
I thought that was a good thing :roll: if he was reckfull then wouldn't that be worst than reckless? ;) I don't understand the word reckless, wouldn't that imply that he was without a wreck? I know if you buy a hairless chiwawa it has no hair. ;)

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
My head hurts...Don't make any sense...

Following the reckless theme, If necklace is pronun neckless and implies you have no neck, then why is it something you wear if you have a neck...

That's why guys don't wear necklaces...most of the brutes I know are neckless...

So what do we call a Redneck without a neck..Red? Why is he called Red, when he is white?

Just don't get it...all I understand is Boss Hoss+WOT=smoke+"sh-eating" grin and I'm sticking to that!

Aldo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts