Bike dead, rider hurt. I will ride again

Thread: Bike dead, rider hurt. I will ride again

Default Bike dead, rider hurt. I will ride again

I crashed my Boss Hoss into a concrete Culvert at 70 mile an hour. The bike broke in half. Rider broke bone but walked away (tuff SOB I am).

In the market for a 2 wheeler. I got a harley still but I want another hoss.

2. Remove Advertisements
    V8BikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

One lucky man!, hope you heal fast.

Default Lucky to walk away

Glad to see you are only in a couple of pieces. Must have been a wild ride from the pics of bike.
    " ride like no one is watching "

Heffe

5. Remove Advertisements
    V8BikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JDinAZ View Post
    Glad to see you are only in a couple of pieces. Must have been a wild ride from the pics of bike.
    It was a wild ride. All I remember is flying through the desert and seeing that concrete thinking this is the end. Don't know how I survived. Trucker says he saw a explosion and dust cloud and then a man in a bright shirt slow walking out of the dust like a action movie. Wish it was on film.

Maybe I am stupid or crazy but all I want to do is get back on 2 wheels. Biker for life.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Bike dead, rider hurt. I will ride again

Sorry to hear of your accident. Glad your ok. Here a few guys who have nice machines for sale.

Call Jay Schwietz at 651-261-8017.. He has a 2005 smallblock $19,900 and 2007 smallblock $ 22,900.

Dennis Walsted 863-412-1166 has a 2005 smallblock. $25K

George Clampet at 410-458-5771 2004 Mountain 470. Mint... $40K

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneciphes View Post
    It was a wild ride. All I remember is flying through the desert and seeing that concrete thinking this is the end. Don't know how I survived. Trucker says he saw a explosion and dust cloud and then a man in a bright shirt slow walking out of the dust like a action movie. Wish it was on film.

Maybe I am stupid or crazy but all I want to do is get back on 2 wheels. Biker for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneciphes View Post

Anyone that has riden for a long time is bound to have a few horror stories . Myself included , been riding for over 60 years , had a few but am still kicked and also a biker for life .
    Jack ......2000 Boss Hoss 350/400 HP

RIDE IT LIKE YOU KNOW HOW TO FIX IT

Where the mission of the day takes me; home is Wanganui!

Sorry to hear this! Glad you're essentially OK!

Default Lucky to live through it!

Glad to see you're doing well. How about a 2003 502 Big Block?Boss Hoss 020.jpgP1010822.jpgP1010827.jpgP1010821.jpgP1010829.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by storm502 View Post
    Glad to see you're doing well. How about a 2003 502 Big Block?Boss Hoss 020.jpgP1010822.jpgP1010827.jpgP1010821.jpgP1010829.jpg
    Beautiful bike but right now I'm fighting with the insurance company because they say my bike retailed at $6,900. I told them if they could find me Boss Hoss motorcycles that are equivalent to mine for $7000 that I would take four of them. What I can buy is probably going to heavily be dependent on what insurance pays me for my bike.

What would something like that be running today $$$???

$27,500

Quote Originally Posted by storm502 View Post
    $27,500
    That is a beast mode bike. How many miles it got on it?

Default so sorry

so sorry to hear of your wreck, glad you're ok. My 2005 big block is for sale on cycle trader now. it is a 2005, black and yellow, like new, no disapointments, negotiable. check it out. thanks
    I don't want to get old and say "I sure wish I had done that!"

Contributor

Default For sale

Going to put mine up for sale 17k. 05 small block

Quote Originally Posted by chongo View Post
    Going to put mine up for sale 17k. 05 small block
    17k might be more my ability only getting $7,000 for my bike just need to come up with another $10,000 and a plane ticket.

Where ya at, how many miles? What motor? EFI? PICS or vids?

a little bit of an update I got my memory back. I was riding down the interstate and on all of a sudden my bike changed its demeanor and I was hearing a noise I tried looking behind me but I couldn't see anything. I tried to apply brakes and slow down over on the shoulder but as soon as I hit my brakes the bike started to try to slide sideways. I decided to just let it roll to a stop on the shoulder but then my shoulder disappeared and became an off-ramp. When I tried leaning the bike to take the off ramp there was a huge bump in the bike straightened out and headed towards the desert.

The pictures and the memory agree with each other because the rear fender was chewed up by the tire meaning that when the bike started to change its demeanor was because the right section of framing that connects to the rear suspension had broken loose. When I tried to make the right hand turn onto the off-ramp the left section broke off and that is what sent me off into the desert. I now know that Boss Hoss realize this was an issue and installed gussets in later made motorcycles so I'm going to contact Boss Hoss and hope they make this right and issue a safety recall on the older bikes.

I've had this bike for five years and in that time the most weight it's ever had on it was me and my wife totaling maybe 350 lb. At the time of the accident I was a solo Rider and the bike add me and maybe 7 lb worth of tools on it. I am not a big guy maybe 210 pounds at 6 foot tall.

Now I will be looking closely at mine. 2002 350 Glad you are up and coherent.
    Last edited by buyarbi; 07-07-2020 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by buyarbi View Post
    I don't think all frames are defective , I think it all depends on the integrity of the welds on this section of the frame . Some may break , others will last forever .
    Jack ......2000 Boss Hoss 350/400 HP

RIDE IT LIKE YOU KNOW HOW TO FIX IT

Quote Originally Posted by HogV8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buyarbi View Post
    I don't think all frames are defective , I think it all depends on the integrity of the welds on this section of the frame . Some may break , others will last forever .

The weld did not break the Chrome Moly tubing broke in half.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Contributor

Default Gussets

I gusseted mine when I read the thread years ago. Can’t figure out how to add a picture right now.

Quote Originally Posted by chongo View Post
    I gusseted mine when I read the thread years ago. Can’t figure out how to add a picture right now.
    Unfortunately I never read that post until I started researching why my bike failed.

Well I am healed mostly and the bike has been put back together.