Boss Hoss Trike Comfort

Thread: Boss Hoss Trike Comfort

Default Boss Hoss Trike Comfort

I was wondering if anyone out there has an idea of how a Boss Hoss trike with the wrap around style rear passenger seat compares with a Honda Gold Wing rear passenger seat in the way of comfort? I know they are 2 different animals but I am trying to get my wife to ride with me more, and am looking into the the trike option. I would really like to go with a Boss Hoss - but if the rear seat isn't quite a bit more comfortable than my current Suzuki M109 sear seat then it would defeat my purpose. Anyone's input with experience in this area would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Grumpyoldtaz

2. Remove Advertisements
    V8BikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

I have a 2010 BossHoss 32 coupe trike with the tall backrest that was cut down to about half it's stock height. The problem is not the seat and backrest comfort, its the trikes straight axle. Even with air ride, and adjusting the rear tire pressures down, its still rides like a lumber wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbee-o View Post
    I have a 2010 BossHoss 32 coupe trike with the tall backrest that was cut down to about half it's stock height. The problem is not the seat and backrest comfort, its the trikes straight axle. Even with air ride, and adjusting the rear tire pressures down, its still rides like a lumber wagon.

Thanks, That's good information, would that mean that this might be the case with any trike conversion with a rear straight axle.

5. Remove Advertisements
    V8BikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

Default Ride comfort

Thanks, That's good information, would that mean that this might be the case with any trike conversion with a rear straight axle.

Don't have much info on any other trikes, except I did ride a Harley with the Gold smith conversion [?], which did seem to give a better ride, but then again it's not as heavy as the Boss trike.

Your a member of the forum, so you can do a search forum request in the tech. section, and you can see all the different kinds of questions and answers from other members in the past years. Owners have tried different air shocks, different positions for mounting the shocks etc., different air pressures and such.

Good luck ! and stay safe. Bob T. Wisconsin

Your post Was a little déjà vu for me. I have a 2010 Boss Hoss Trike with a 32 coupe rear end the the wrap around seat. I also brought my trike in an attempt to get my wife to ride with me more – that didn’t work too well but hey I got the trike!

I also own a Suzuki C109RT Boulevard - the wife never gets on that - although I can tell you the wife claims that Boss Hoss seat is extremely comfortable. Personally I don’t think you will have any issues with the Boss Hoss seat. You’re more likely to be questioning the rear suspension ride comfort. Of course there are some modification options which will make it better like chains, or air suspension which I don’t have.