Trike Steering Dampers

Thread: Trike Steering Dampers

Default Trike Steering Dampers

For those interested, I installed dual steering dampers on my 2006 Willys Trike and it made all the difference in the world on the low speed wobble. Boss Hoss still sells the fork brackets and when used in combination with the Shindy 375MM dampers sold through JP Cycles, results are amazing.DHTX5140 (1).jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    V8BikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

I wish some one come up with a power steering kit for the Boss trike. My 2010 has the upgraded tree's which helps with the Wobble, but my left shoulder and arm are now so bad, that I can't push or pull the left handlebar to steer. I drove only 200 miles all of 2019, will probably have to sell the trike.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbee-o View Post
    I wish some one come up with a power steering kit for the Boss trike. My 2010 has the upgraded tree's which helps with the Wobble, but my left shoulder and arm are now so bad, that I can't push or pull the left handlebar to steer. I drove only 200 miles all of 2019, will probably have to sell the trike.
    Yep, power steering would be great. I am age 80 and the trike was giving my shoulders a workout at low speed. Dampers sure helped.

5. Remove Advertisements
    V8BikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbee-o View Post
    Hi, I rode Hosses for 15 years, and had to give them up about 5 years ago. Went to the Can Am Spyder, which has power steering, and couldn't believe how easy it was to handle. If one arm gets tired you can drive it with the other I had the 5 speed clutch machine, but if I was going to get a different one I would go with the push button shift. They are fast, light and fun. I kept my HOSS V8 plate on it.
    HOSS V8

I might have to go with your option if I want to keep riding, never thought I would be so crippled up at age 69.