06 Boss Hoss handlebar control assembly's

Thread: 06 Boss Hoss handlebar control assembly's

Default 06 Boss Hoss handlebar control assembly's

Any tricks to removing the buttons out of the assembly? I just picked up a 06 Willy's and the plating is in bad shape on both controls and the master cylinder. My plan is to remove them and get them plated locally. I'm sure I can find a part number for the master cylinder rebuild kit. The horn button came out but none of the other buttons will come out. Figured I would ask before I used excessive force and damaged something.

2. Remove Advertisements
    V8BikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

After doing more searching it looks like they are Jokers and the switches unscrew from the back. Reading other post it sounds like the wires are solder on with no spade type connectors on them. Looks like I need to decide if I want to change to a different style or brand. Might not be worth the effort it rebuilding and re-chroming the originals.

Default 06 Boss Hoss Handlebar Controls

Give Curtis Pyatt at https://www.texasbosshoss.com/ a call.. He's a former Boss dealer who is now a service center. He's in Midlothian, TX. 214-334-1051. He's a super guy.

5. Remove Advertisements
    V8BikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando565 View Post
    Give Curtis Pyatt at https://www.texasbosshoss.com/ a call.. He's a former Boss dealer who is now a service center. He's in Midlothian, TX. 214-334-1051. He's a super guy.
    Thanks for the info.

I ended up ordering all the switches from Joker Machine and dropped the controls off at a local plating shop. Should have everything like new again for about $300. My local Boss Hoss dealer quoted me $1000 for a new set and that wasn't with them doing any work (parts only). This is all new to me so I'm learning as I go. Going to pull the engine in a few weeks and install a 400 hp crate motor. Pulling the triple tree and getting it plated will be the next project after the engine swap.

New chrome plating and switches from Joker Machine!
    Attached Images Attached Images