V8 Bike Riders Forums banner

Miliary career is finally over

5K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  majordad 
#1 ·
After 41 years and on my wifes birthday no less, I said my goodbyes and signed out for the final time.
41 year in the National Guard and Army Reserve, and now it's time to turn it over to the next generation.

Now if I can just get retired from my other job.

#3 ·
SALUTE! Congratulations on a long and successful career my Brother in Arms. If you want some tips on how to get going from here, been there, done that. It's tough out here.

#12 ·
Well today I had my retirement ceremony and although they started 30 minutes early and didn't let me know, got there just before my name was called and it was GREAT. Aldo and Laura and Norm and Iris were there along with my former Battalion Commander. I can now close this chapter of my life, but I was informed that if our unit is given the go-ahead for the cannons and flags at the Super Bowl, I would be receiving a call as the guy in charge wants only those folks who have experience with the cannons on the team. So you may see me at the Super Bowl in Feb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.