Arnott Adjustable Motorcycle Suspension Featured on Performance TV

Thread: Arnott Adjustable Motorcycle Suspension Featured on Performance TV

Supporting Vendor

Default Arnott Adjustable Motorcycle Suspension Featured on Performance TV

Arnott Adjustable Motorcycle Suspension Featured on Performance TV

The Arnott Motorcycle Division, including Arnott's Glenn Nash, was featured recently on a Performance TV segment. The show, which airs on the Velocity Network, highlighted the installation of Arnott's Aldan 11-Way Adjustable Motorcycle Suspension kit on a Harley-Davidson that was part of a Charity Bike Build for the Fisher House Foundation. In the segment, Nash discussed Arnott's popular, innovative motorcycle suspension kit, which enables riders to lower their bike almost 3 inches as well as control the internal damping of the shock for a better ride. Hosts Tommy Johnson Jr. and Kathy Fisher showed viewers just how easy it is to install the system.

Click to Watch Arnott's Performance TV Segment

www.arnottinc.com

Doug Taylor
    Arnott Air Suspension Products
    100 Sea Ray Drive
    Merritt Island FL 32953

[email protected]
    321-868-3016 X 128 - Direct
    800-251-8993 - Toll Free
    800-352-8659, 321-868-3073 - Fax

2. Remove Advertisements
    V8BikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

Hi there,

do you guys offer a special set for the Boss Hoss 502? If yes, do you also offer different models to choose from ie. with different springload in lbs?

Do you offer direct sales at Merritt Island or do I have to go to a licensed dealer?

Best regards

Mark

Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Sidecar View Post
    Hi there,

do you guys offer a special set for the Boss Hoss 502? If yes, do you also offer different models to choose from ie. with different springload in lbs?

Do you offer direct sales at Merritt Island or do I have to go to a licensed dealer?

Best regards

Mark

http://www.arnottairsuspension.com/p....asp?makeId=27

5. Remove Advertisements
    V8BikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

Site Sponsor

Became an Arnott dealer today...order for the 2008 502 bike shocks go in Thursday.....I am anxious to see how big a difference it will be.

Veteran Member

Hi there,

Best regards

Mark
    Judging from Barry's Post below this one ... YES they do. If they Don't allow Direct purchasing, I know a guy in Canada that could probably help u out

Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckHoss View Post
    Became an Arnott dealer today...order for the 2008 502 bike shocks go in Thursday.....I am anxious to see how big a difference it will be.
    HOLY CRAP...ordered shocks yesterday / thursday and they came this morning..Friday...wow...air UPS

Hoping to have them installed in a week or 2 and will report what I find. Can't ride the BB bike now because it is too rough for my back so these have to be quite a bit better than stock for me...time will tell.
    Last edited by CanuckHoss; 05-17-2014 at 10:41 AM.

Hey Barry,

looking forward to your report on quality and comfort. Would be great if you can include couple of pictures of mounting bracket and how the compressor is mounted under the left side panel (or wherever). ..Plus a little video of the shocks in action would be terrific! :-)

Best regards

Mark

Site Sponsor

Hey Barry,

looking forward to your report on quality and comfort. Would be great if you can include couple of pictures of mounting bracket and how the compressor is mounted under the left side panel (or wherever). ..Plus a little video of the shocks in action would be terrific! :-)

Best regards

Mark
    will do Mark...hoping for the compressor mount in the storage compartment...I don't use it much as I always have a T-bag if I am going anywhere
    Last edited by CanuckHoss; 05-18-2014 at 11:48 AM.

Site Sponsor

John installed the whole setup today...BUT the weather was not good for a demo ride...I am hoping tomorrow...fingers crossed....they have a 30 day money back so I am covered.

i will take a few pictures too of the storage compartment mount...even the gauge and switch went in there as I figure once i get it set then there won't be monkeying around with the pressure as it is just me cause Gwen can't 2-up on it even with Airride.

John installed the whole setup today...BUT the weather was not good for a demo ride...I am hoping tomorrow...fingers crossed....they have a 30 day money back so I am covered.

i will take a few pictures too of the storage compartment mount...even the gauge and switch went in there as I figure once i get it set then there won't be monkeying around with the pressure as it is just me cause Gwen can't 2-up on it even with Airride.
    Barry,

Did you use one of the Arnott gauges? I've had two of them on my bike - both started leaking around the glass seal after a bit, so I eventually switched over to a Dakota digital electronic gauge set up which has worked well. The guy I talked to at Arnott said that the gauges have been known to leak (the second was a warranty replacement), but I also run higher pressures because of my rear fender set up and clearance needed, so it could be that I had more challenge than most.

Mike
    Mike Wallace - Watertown, MN

Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by mdwdvm View Post
    Barry,

Did you use one of the Arnott gauges? I've had two of them on my bike - both started leaking around the glass seal after a bit, so I eventually switched over to a Dakota digital electronic gauge set up which has worked well. The guy I talked to at Arnott said that the gauges have been known to leak (the second was a warranty replacement), but I also run higher pressures because of my rear fender set up and clearance needed, so it could be that I had more challenge than most.

Mike
    yes I did...the leaking you are talking about is not an air leak right?? my guage is in my trunk so it won't get water in it if that is what you are meaning

yes I did...the leaking you are talking about is not an air leak right?? my guage is in my trunk so it won't get water in it if that is what you are meaning
    Yes, it was air leak. The first time I was on a ride and the shocks let down, which caused my fender to rub on my tire (issue is that I have a 330 rear tire that barely fits within the fiberglass fender and in fact I also use the shock extenders that Marv sells to gain additional height clearance - and at that time the fender also was unstable and wobbled, which I've resolved). Fortunately I was only about 10 miles from home and was able to ride home by repeatedly hitting the button to keep air pressure up in the system. Once I discovered the gauge was the issue I contacted Arnott and they sent a replacement quickly. The second time happened a few months later when I noticed the bike had a slower leak as it would lower while sitting in the garage over several days time - so I immediately checked the gauge and sure enough, it was leaking around the face as before - just not as severe. So I scrapped that set-up and changed to the Dakota digital setup which I like better anyway and have had no issues in the last year.

In my case I suspect the higher pressures I'm running (around 110 lbs showed on the Arnott gauges) contributed to the gauge failure as I pump it up to raise the rear fender enough to insure clearance................and the ride is good/not overly stiff. I don't think most folks run their pressures anywhere near that high. Having said that, the guy at Arnott indicated they've had gauge leakages reported before and that he didn't use a gauge on his own personal setup. The Arnott gauges I had were a chrome bezel / white faced dial that came in a kit with associate switch alongside in a chrome mount.

Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by mdwdvm View Post
    Yes, it was air leak. The first time I was on a ride and the shocks let down, which caused my fender to rub on my tire (issue is that I have a 330 rear tire that barely fits within the fiberglass fender and in fact I also use the shock extenders that Marv sells to gain additional height clearance - and at that time the fender also was unstable and wobbled, which I've resolved). Fortunately I was only about 10 miles from home and was able to ride home by repeatedly hitting the button to keep air pressure up in the system. Once I discovered the gauge was the issue I contacted Arnott and they sent a replacement quickly. The second time happened a few months later when I noticed the bike had a slower leak as it would lower while sitting in the garage over several days time - so I immediately checked the gauge and sure enough, it was leaking around the face as before - just not as severe. So I scrapped that set-up and changed to the Dakota digital setup which I like better anyway and have had no issues in the last year.

In my case I suspect the higher pressures I'm running (around 110 lbs showed on the Arnott gauges) contributed to the gauge failure as I pump it up to raise the rear fender enough to insure clearance................and the ride is good/not overly stiff. I don't think most folks run their pressures anywhere near that high. Having said that, the guy at Arnott indicated they've had gauge leakages reported before and that he didn't use a gauge on his own personal setup. The Arnott gauges I had were a chrome bezel / white faced dial that came in a kit with associate switch alongside in a chrome mount.
    Good to know...I will keep an eye on it...overnite there was no leakage I beleive.

Here area few pics of the install..will get a ride this afternoon when it warms a bit
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like you may have the same gauge/switch set up that I had. Doesn't mean you will experience the failure, especially if you are running much lower pressures. If for any reason you suspect a leak at some point, you can either tell by putting a little water with a few drops of dishsoap on the face of the dial or even detach it from the bracket and submerse it in a pan of water. Hopefully it won't be an issue for you.

Site Sponsor

Default Ride update

Finally went out yesterday for about 30 minutes or so. Stopped every 2 or 3 miles.... 10 or so stops to adjust the pressure and the 11 position dampning...having the guage where I could see it would have been better but it did not take all that long to find out the right pressure really and dampning is in the shocks so a dismount is neccessary for that anyways. I dont see where a person would be constantly adjusting the pressure ever.

John had set it to what he thought would work and he was close. Around the 85 to 90 seems best and the 2nd click from the softest setting on the shocks...softest is all the way back counterclockwise.

I immediately notice that harshness of the ride that I always felt was gone. I could feel the front end feedback as per usual on a lot of smaller bumps / cracks but could hardly feel the back end.

"IF" my back was 100% like it was most of last summer before I hurt it I believe I would be going "SOAB this is what I needed all along"....remember that a week ago I took it out for 5 miles and immediatley bailed on riding further...I could have gone longer yesterday for sure.

My back is pretty darn good compared to last September but more abrupt bumps on the roads were smoother but I found myself always apprehensive waiting for the killer bump to put me to square one and that is not fair to the Airride because I am pretty sure that it would handle the killer bumps...right now I am just not willing to find out and be hurt again....

Is it a ride comparable to a touring Harley now with the Airride? I don't think so. Is it better by quite a bit from stock? Absolutely. Am I happy with the outcome? yes...even though I will hold off riding a bunch on it for a bit.

Would I recommend it for another rider? YES...if you can handle the ride now but are unhappy with the stock ride and looking for something better than this will be money well spent..this is only my opinion and remember that Arnott has a 30 day money back guarantee so you really can't loose if your finding are different from mine.

Site Sponsor

I need to say that I have ridden a couple SS version bikes...a friend of mine Canadian Joe and member here has a 2008 and it is a really really smooth ride with stock shocks..not sure why...
    Barry aka CanuckHoss

www.destinationcycles.com

Site Sponsor

Default Update

well SOAB!!!! I have not ridden the bike since last week when I did the 30 or so maybe miles and then put it in the showroom.

Checked today and the right shock has sprung an oil leak already!!..what friggin luck hey?

Arnott says warranty is no problem, which I knew, but I have to pay shipping both ways to get an exchange shock..plus downtime. If I want to have it ridable right away they will ship a new one to exchange if I pay for it first then they will credit me back when the defective gets there...I either do that or put my stock shocks back on which does not make sense.

So really ....ty luck with my first sale of Arnott...to myself...if I had sold them to a customer I would maybe break even after paying all the extra freight and then replacing the new shock free of charge for the customer.

The service is quick and great from Arnott as one of the mounting bolt covers was substandard and I received a new set the next day..awesome!!

Not unhappy with Arnott...just unhappy with this happening.

oh well...such is life...
    Last edited by CanuckHoss; 06-06-2014 at 11:44 PM.
    Barry aka CanuckHoss

Site Sponsor

The guys finally got a chance yesterday to replace the faulty shock on the 502.

Problem is that the fitting for the air line on this shock is not oriented like the first 2 shocks we installed. The fitting is facing the back of the bike and both fittings on the originals faced sideways towards the fender.

So now the airline is too short. Have an email in to Arnott to see if there is some way to change the orientation of the airline fitting on the shock. If not, then either I install it like that which does not look near as good or have them send another at my expense...darnit darnit darnit!!!
    Barry aka CanuckHoss

Veteran Member

Barry, by saying the fitting face the fender,
    are you saying "OUT"??? If so why not just turn
    the shock body around so it faces the inside???

Paul H
    WELLLLLLLLLL La De Da

Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    Barry, by saying the fitting face the fender,
    are you saying "OUT"??? If so why not just turn
    the shock body around so it faces the inside???

Paul H
    No matter how I turn the top shock mounting bracket the airline connection will be at the back or front...not to the side like the first 2

As in the first 2 pictures showing the mounted shock and the 3rd showing the new shock and the air line fitting positioning
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Barry aka CanuckHoss

Site Sponsor

No matter how I turn the top shock mounting bracket the airline connection will be at the back or front...not to the side like the first 2

As in the first 2 pictures showing the mounted shock and the 3rd showing the new shock and the air line fitting positioning
    I just received this reply from Ken at Arnott this morning:

Quote "Greetings Barry,
    Unfortunately, there is no way is to adjust the orientation of the that hole after the shock has been assembled. I am unsure of the exact reason but this how the production department has started assembling them recently. Yours is not first inquiry into this issue, I have brought it up with the productions department and are currently awaiting a resolution. END QUOTE

It is what it is guess...each shock will look different now as one will be neat and the other have more airline showing...
    Barry aka CanuckHoss

Site Sponsor

I asked Ken at Arnott today if it was possible to get a shock specially made with the hole the same way as the first set of shocks I received. Told him they are on a very expensive bike and that they should match. A short while later Ken sent me an email that he asked the production department and they will special make a replacement for me so it looks right...cool stuff...and he was going to try and send a prepaid weighbill for sending the shocks back..
    Barry aka CanuckHoss