V8 Bike Riders Forums banner

32 Coupe Trike Project-JAG Rear End

9K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  imzz4 
#1 ·
Attached is the Rear End, Jeff has been working on for Cathy's Trike.....It turned out really awesome! 1987 Jag Rear End, totally rebuilt, new brakes, rotors, seals, etc. The rear end was narrowed to go underneath a 32 Coupe Trike Body....Alden Air Shocks as well......next is the Cragar SS Wheels, and a 700R4 Transmission....

Regis

View attachment 3423

#8 ·
V8 Trike Jag Rear End...

The BH Jag Rear End Trike has gone to the builder, Jeff Hemperly.

He truly was the best guy to have the trike and put all of his heart, soul and fabricated more parts than you can imagine. Upon it's completion I beleive he may post a few pics.

He did amazing things to my two wheeler with the frame off rebuild, and I know the trike will be one heck of a machine that will be a real hot rod and head turner!

Regis

#9 ·
Thanks Regis for the kind words and the opportunity to finish building this special machine. I will be glad to get back into it when everything else settles out. I started a new job with a different company over a year ago . I worked so much overtime , the trike had to sit in the corner under several cans of WD-40. That along with the joy of three grandkids kept me busy.

I also had the 2nd gear thrust bearing fail in my own bikes tranny. That took forever to get back on the road since it pumped plenty of ground up shavings everywhere.
When it was back on the road only a week, I got to experience what it feels like to break the drive belt at 30mph instead of seeing smoke.. That was not a fun afternoon ,and of course I didn't have my cell phone with me.
I had never tried this before ,but, with careful jacking, the belt can be changed without taking the back wheel off the swing arm. Only the lower shock bolt on the left side needs removed. That saved some time.

The power plant for the trike is a currently un-assembled perfectly machined 4 bolt 383 ,with all new top quality associated parts. The 700-r4 tranny is rated at 450-500hp. My son put the bug in my ear that I should put a carburated LS3 motor in it for something different. Don't know yet. And he hasn't offered up any free money for it!

And then about Jack. What a huge loss to us all. I never met him in person but we talked on the phone many times. Such a great guy and so fumy. I miss him like everyone. RIP my friend.
jeff

#10 ·
When it was back on the road only a week, I got to experience what it feels like to break the drive belt at 30mph instead of seeing smoke.. That was not a fun afternoon ,and of course I didn't have my cell phone with me.
I had never tried this before ,but, with careful jacking, the belt can be changed without taking the back wheel off the swing arm. Only the lower shock bolt on the left side needs removed. That saved some time.
How did you get the belt onto the inside of the swingarm without either removing the wheel or the swingarm pivot bolts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.