: New place to post for our friends and family

Adrian
10-13-2011, 07:01 PM
This is what Darrel did for us, so thanks to him.

Adrian

Paul H
10-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Thank you, Darrel.

Paul H

IowaV8
10-13-2011, 07:24 PM
Thanks Darrell and Adrian for working to set this up. It will be a very special place for all of us to remember those who are no longer with us :thumbup2:

Tim :tour:

CanuckHoss
10-13-2011, 08:07 PM
Are you going to "grandfather in" those who have already passed and move the thread for them here????

Ric
10-13-2011, 11:46 PM
I agree with Barry, I'm wondering if there is enough savvy to find any of those cats Who were long time members on here, and even thoughts that just joined up in this Crazy V8 world. In order to keep it readable, maybe have a decent amount of pics, with a title as to who's in them, where it was taken, When the pic happened.

A brief story as to how they Passed on and when, And certainly a small back ground of the person from the start.

Maybe what might conserve a little space in this thread.... post all the links of the wellwishers from the other threads relating to that person... such as HAWK88. Because over time, it might be a little too big to manage or hold some attention spans, because some of those pages can be overwhelmingly long. And may be difficult to find someone you want to know more about, or contribute your own thoughts and photos of that person.

Maybe set it up so that the person's name and Avatar name shows up at the begining of each on's story... So we can scroll down to include more pics, or info.

It sounds like it won't be very easy to set something like this up.

V8GRUMPY
10-16-2011, 05:58 PM
Adrian - Darrel......thanks for setting this up - it is good to remmber.

CURLY3497
10-17-2011, 08:20 AM
So how do you move a thread over here of someone who has passed? Do the moderators do it? I am talking about Gizmo's (M.J), when he died. Thanks.

Adrian
10-17-2011, 09:24 AM
So how do you move a thread over here of someone who has passed? Do the moderators do it? I am talking about Gizmo's (M.J), when he died. Thanks.

I will be glad to move it if you will direct me to where it is posted.

Adrian

CURLY3497
10-17-2011, 10:57 AM
Adrian, I just put gizmo#137 in the search box and it came up. It was the 3rd thread down, posted by Hawk. Thank you very much! :-)

Adrian
10-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Adrian, I just put gizmo#137 in the search box and it came up. It was the 3rd thread down, posted by Hawk. Thank you very much! :-)

Thanks for the input. That is just how to do it.

Adrian

CanuckHoss
10-17-2011, 06:15 PM
Adrian,

The "Rider Milo Passed" thread only shows up when I do a search on "Milos"..and shows it has been moved to the V8 Family Memorial section but I do not see that thread under the V8 Family Memorial section...what am I missing?? I don't see a "Page 2"?? What the heck?

Adrian
10-17-2011, 06:56 PM
Adrian,

The "Rider Milo Passed" thread only shows up when I do a search on "Milos"..and shows it has been moved to the V8 Family Memorial section but I do not see that thread under the V8 Family Memorial section...what am I missing?? I don't see a "Page 2"?? What the heck?

http://www.mybikeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22091&highlight=milos

Milos last ride

CURLY3497
10-17-2011, 06:58 PM
I see it Barry. Just clicked on it. BTW , THANK YOU DARREL AND ADRIAN! !!!

CanuckHoss
10-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Adrian,

Honestly.... it was NOT there for me until now and I did a refresh and everything..the last thread at the bottom was "Boss Hoss Friend" ......really weird

The Gods are playing with me again..

Anyways...thank you

Adrian
10-17-2011, 10:52 PM
Adrian,

Honestly.... it was NOT there for me until now and I did a refresh and everything..the last thread at the bottom was "Boss Hoss Friend" ......really weird

The Gods are playing with me again..

Anyways...thank you

You were not wrong. One had been moved and I had missed the others so thanks for telling me.

Adrian

CanuckHoss
10-17-2011, 10:53 PM
Phewwwww! thought I was loosing it..thanks again!

V8GRUMPY
10-18-2011, 06:06 PM
Adrian when I get some time I will get the pics I have for Pam Llewlyn to gether and send to you with data - she was a yearly participant at LaCrosse - maybe you could move the posts from her info on here too ?