Holley Sniper Updates
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Holley Sniper Updates

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    21

    Default Holley Sniper Updates

    So i tried to test fit the holley sniper throttle body on my 2004 small block. No go, frame rails are too close. So I ordered a new, shorter intake manifold (edelbrock torker II) and am awaiting the throttle cable bracket from holley so i can mount the entire unit sideways. I'll keep everyone posted and put up some pictures when i make some progress. So far, I just put my bike back together so I can ride it while i wait for parts.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    V8BikeRiders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Veteran Member HossZZ4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Milpitas, California
    Posts
    5,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMFjr View Post
    So i tried to test fit the holley sniper throttle body on my 2004 small block. No go, frame rails are too close. So I ordered a new, shorter intake manifold (edelbrock torker II) and am awaiting the throttle cable bracket from holley so i can mount the entire unit sideways. I'll keep everyone posted and put up some pictures when i make some progress. So far, I just put my bike back together so I can ride it while i wait for parts.
    How ever did you adapt to only only 400 hp under your crotch! lol

  4. #3
    Veteran Member HossZZ4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Milpitas, California
    Posts
    5,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMFjr View Post
    So i tried to test fit the holley sniper throttle body on my 2004 small block. No go, frame rails are too close. So I ordered a new, shorter intake manifold (edelbrock torker II) and am awaiting the throttle cable bracket from holley so i can mount the entire unit sideways. I'll keep everyone posted and put up some pictures when i make some progress. So far, I just put my bike back together so I can ride it while i wait for parts.
    <br>
    How ever did you adapt to only only 400 hp under your crotch! lol

  5. Remove Advertisements
    V8BikeRiders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    405

    Default

    Just a heads up, if the Torker II doesn't work, the Weiand Xcelerator is a bit lower. It is the only intake I can run on my bike.
    Furthermore, the MSD Atomic is the smallest EFI TB I could find.
    1998 Wild One Custom

  7. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HossZZ4 View Post
    How ever did you adapt to only only 400 hp under your crotch! lol


    Lol that was my old man, his 434 was nuts, but he sold me the 350 he had sitting in his garage.

  8. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Just a heads up, if the Torker II doesn't work, the Weiand Xcelerator is a bit lower. It is the only intake I can run on my bike.
    Furthermore, the MSD Atomic is the smallest EFI TB I could find.

    I've perused your build thread, thought about the atomic but i like the "all in one" idea of the sniper. Barrie got his to fit on his trike, so hopefully with my limited mechanical knowledge i can make it fit.

  9. #7
    Senior Member Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMFjr View Post
    I've perused your build thread, thought about the atomic but i like the "all in one" idea of the sniper. Barrie got his to fit on his trike, so hopefully with my limited mechanical knowledge i can make it fit.

    The MSD is also "all in one" ... but i have no favoritism to the MSD at all, I bought it because it was the only one that fit. Its ability to take boost also helped. You probably saved over $1000 going with the Sniper, but it is a larger TB to try to fit. I would have rather run a Holley Terminator, but it wouldn't fit.

    The Torker II is 1/2" higher than the Weiand Xcelerator... so not an insignificant amount at all. And if you're even a little hard pressed for space, what were your plans for a filter?
    1998 Wild One Custom

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •