V8 Bike Riders Forums banner

Banned from forum!!!!!

17K views 65 replies 20 participants last post by  admin 
#1 ·
I was accidentally banned from the forum for the last 24 hours or so...super frustrating!

I know... I know..some think it was a positive...LOL

Thanks to Clint for his hard work getting the powers to be to actually listen to him that I was banned and correct it.

Anyone else have this problem?? I guess if you do have then you can't post here but then send me an email itsradu@gmail.com

Below is the screen I would see:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I could not think of a way to prove I was banned so I took the shot...it was actually needed I believe to prove that I was banned...the guys running the site did not believe it....I am not talking about Clint either.

Thanks for the nod of approval....lol....The last 9 months I have been a "good boy" hahaha and will remain as such and watch the goings on in controversial issues...actually more fun that way than peeing into the wind I find...lol

#7 ·
Man - this is what you get when you mess with old timers like myself! I wondered why you did not respond to my PM... I see they did reset your post counter to zero though... (ya - I know - you'll go check!) :)

#8 ·
Well it looks like poor Barry is BANNED AGAIN

I got a note late this morning saying he had been banned again ... I'm sure Clint is working on the issue because Barry contacted him via e-mail already.

Hope they get things straight for you soon Barry :banghead:

PS
Wyne - Barry wanted to be sure you knew why he hasn't answered your PM - no access

#14 ·
Can you please check your IP address on this website http://whatismyipaddress.com/.

The only thing that maybe a problem is that the IP address you may be on could be blocked from this site before due to spam or unwanted banned member from the past.

If you can provide us with your IP address, we can search our blocked IP address to see if it is listed.

Regards,

MD

#19 ·
#34 ·
Sonny, same in your case, can you try logging in with the flipped usergroup?

Just to mention, I took a test account and tested it, and got the same result. Then, flipped the usergroups around, and it worked.

VB has confirmed this is a bug in VB 4

We're working with them to resolve it as quickly as we can. If you are getting that banned error, please let us know and we will flip the groups around for you as well.

​Mark

#31 ·
Same here, I cannot get into the site at all….So something haywire.
We're looking into it. It looks like something systemic (VB-side), we have a priority 1 ticket open with VB support now, and have our developers working on a "workaround" for it now. Standby please.

Mark

#35 ·
YEEHAWW!!!....CANUCKHOSS finally in...hopefully for the longrun!!

I was not able to login for the past 4 days and even 20 minutes ago could not. I was told that my account looked "normal" and that there should not have been an issue but there was.

BUT I am in now...

I was able to ready everything (albeit wild posts) quite fine but could not open any attachements as I was just a Visitor to the Forum.

I am keeping my fingers crossed on this one that hopefully they / tech have found the issue.

I even registering as a new user under a different email but both links that were sent to me to complete the new registration were not good links so I could not even get on with that user...so much for being resourceful this time.

PS to Admin.....I did a normal login!!!!

#36 ·
I was not able to login for the past 4 days and even 20 minutes ago could not. I was told that my account looked "normal" and that there should not have been an issue but there was.

BUT I am in now...

I was able to ready everything (albeit wild posts) quite fine but could not open any attachements as I was just a Visitor to the Forum.

I am keeping my fingers crossed on this one that hopefully they / tech have found the issue.

I even registering as a new user under a different email but both links that were sent to me to complete the new registration were not good links so I could not even get on with that user...so much for being resourceful this time.
Great to hear, thanks.

This is just as frustrating for us. When we joined v8bikeriders, we inherited a copy of the forum software that appears to have several issues that we've been working with the forum staff on. The main one being the forum acts like it has "ghosts". It bans users randomly, it shows empty post boxes, and given how many VB sites we've managed before, we've never seen issues like this. Even the support guys at vBulletin are beyond confused by the number of issues (and have never seen cases where the post box goes blank).

We are working the issues, our team monitors these forums (we get notified on new threads). We have also provided the mods on this site ways to reach us, and Clint has the email accounts of me, the director of our team, and one of my counterparts (Phil) to help out. He's also got access to our techs. I will make sure the other mods on this site have the same information.

We want the issues fixed, we want you guys doing what you enjoy doing (talking about v8's, bike talk!), and not worrying about these things. I'm sorry you've had so many issues, we're doing everything we can to get them fixed. I am a rider, I know how it is to want to talk bikes and not worry about random bans or stupid forum bugs. We are working on them.

Mark

#37 ·
This is the only part of the forum I could get to tonight and only if I logged in after viewing it logged out. I was able to send a PM, but when I click on "Forum" I get the top header and the rest of the page is blank. This all started tonight. If I click "Home" I get a message that I'm not authorized to access. I know you are having software issues and no doubt it will get cleared up, but wanted you to know of the issue.

Thanks, Tim :biker:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.