1999 Boss Hoss Vette Trike

Thread: 1999 Boss Hoss Vette Trike

Default 1999 Boss Hoss Vette Trike

If anyone is looking to get into a Vette trike w/o breaking the bank,this might be a good start for a nice project. Upgraded with inverted forks,Brembo brakes,hot cam kit,Windvest,etc.
    Asking $21,900.
    http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/1999-Boss-Hoss-Corvette-Trike-110758001
    Clint & Sherry Hooper
    2006 57 Chevy Boss Hoss trike (sold)

2. Remove Advertisements
    V8BikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

Default !999 Vet Trike !

Quote Originally Posted by Clint44 View Post
    If anyone is looking to get into a Vette trike w/o breaking the bank,this might be a good start for a nice project. Upgraded with inverted forks,Brembo brakes,hot cam kit,Windvest,etc.
    Asking $21,900.
    http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/1999-Boss-Hoss-Corvette-Trike-110758001
    Clint, This guy still has this 1999 Vet Trike so do you think it's worth his asking price ?

He has re-listed it on ebay with a $15K opening bid so my guess is $20K will buy it. Is it worth it? IMO,I think so IF you're looking for a Vette as those are much harder to find. That trike has been upgraded with inverted forks and Brembo brakes so that's a bonus.
    Wendell's 57 w/502 is the best deal on a BH trike right now,though.
    Clint & Sherry Hooper

Quote Originally Posted by sick055 View Post
    Clint, This guy still has this 1999 Vet Trike so do you think it's worth his asking price ?
    After owning mine for 7 years I think it is worth what he is asking and then some. It would take 30 K for me to sell mine and then I would hesitate. I have worked on all styles, sizes and for me the Vette is just the ticket with the huge over sized trunk area and with the inverted forks. Our 32 is neat but my extra room I have plus It also gets the most looks hands down.

Adrian

God understands our prayers even when we can't find the words to say them

Default Vette Trike !

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    After owning mine for 7 years I think it is worth what he is asking and then some. It would take 30 K for me to sell mine and then I would hesitate. I have worked on all styles, sizes and for me the Vette is just the ticket with the huge over sized trunk area and with the inverted forks. Our 32 is neat but my extra room I have plus It also gets the most looks hands down.

Adrian
    Thanks for your view on the Trike ! We talked to the owner last night and it looks like we are heading to Texas Saturday morning to pick it up. This will be the last bike due to I'm out of room in our garage.

Default Gettin It !

He has re-listed it on ebay with a $15K opening bid so my guess is $20K will buy it. Is it worth it? IMO,I think so IF you're looking for a Vette as those are much harder to find. That trike has been upgraded with inverted forks and Brembo brakes so that's a bonus.
    Wendell's 57 w/502 is the best deal on a BH trike right now,though.
    Clint, Looks like we are getting the Vette Trike ! Leaving Saturday morning to pick it up. Around a 900 mile trip one way so 1800 miles total. Taking my Aluma trike trailer and pullin it back due to we are taking two dogs with us and the other two will have to be baby sitted for a few days. Thanks again !

South Gulf Cove Subdivision in Port Charlotte Florida and Goodlettsville TN

Thanks for your view on the Trike ! We talked to the owner last night and it looks like we are heading to Texas Saturday morning to pick it up. This will be the last bike due to I'm out of room in our garage.
    Congrats on new trike but sounds like you need to build a bigger garage or buy another house a move one or two bikes there LOL that's what I did built a 3 car garage then another house in Fl . I'm now looking at a vacant lot in Fl next to me with maybe a 4 car/bike garage

Very smart move and is a good deal.

Adrian

Congrats on the new trike,Gene! That is really cool.
    Clint & Sherry Hooper

Anyone know how many Vet trikes were actually made ?
    Jack ......2000 Boss Hoss 350/400 HP

RIDE IT LIKE YOU KNOW HOW TO FIX IT

Quote Originally Posted by HogV8 View Post
    Anyone know how many Vet trikes were actually made ?
    The number is thought to be around 25 Vette trikes that were built at the factory,Jack. However,there have been some more bodies built for conversions,too.
    Both the Vette and Willys bodies are pretty scarce.
    Clint & Sherry Hooper

Default Got Trike home !

Congrats on the new trike,Gene! That is really cool.
    Clint, Well we drove down to Madisonville Texas and got the Trike Saturday. Drove down and back in two days so was along trip. Trike has some work that needs done but nothing real hard except the oil pan has a leak. Not real bad but still leaks ! Is there anything out there you can add to the oil to help with this problen or do we have to pull the pan ? The shocks on the body lift and the trunk need replaced and the front fork has a side to side wobble that we need to look into. Any ideals on the forks and what shocks is needed would help. The wife loves it so got to fix it up so she will be happy. 052.jpg

Default Trike Home !

Very smart move and is a good deal.

Adrian
    Adrian, Well we got the Trike home early Monday morning and all went well. The Trike has some work that needs done but nothing we cant do. The big problem is the oil pan has a small leak and we have a side by side wobble in the front forks. The wobble isn't all the time just when you hit a bad spot in the road or you shake the handle bars while ridding. If you hit the handle bars it can get out of control very easy so got to look into that. Is there anything out there you can add to the oil that might help with the oil leak ? Or do we have to reaplce the pan gasket ? Any help would really help us out. Also the shocks on the body lift and trunk are bad so can you tell me what shocks are needed to replace these. What pound pressure do the have and maybe I can find some here. The wife just loves this Trike so I have to get it fixed and lookin good or she will be unhappy and I don't want that. She has done so much to help me through my medical problems that she desserves this. I don't think I told you that I got the guy to go $20,000 on the Trike and I thought that was good even with the problems we found. Once fixed up it will be a nice Vette trike.IMG_5426.jpg051.jpg

Good to hear you made the trip safely,Gene. Just my opinion but the steering head bearings might be a little loose. You might try snugging them up a little and then think about adding a steering damper,too. The latter mod will eliminate the majority of the headshake. Here's a link with info on adding one. http://www.v8bikeriders.com/forums/s...teering+damper
    Clint & Sherry Hooper

Gene, if pulling the pan is needed, you will either have to pull the motor or modify the front cross member to make it removable. Adrian has shown pictures on here about how that is done. First, make sure you actually have a pan leak. If it's in the back, sometimes the oil sending unit leaks and oil runs down and appears to come from somewhere else. As far as the wobble, Clint is right about checking the steering head bearings. I'm hoping that when the inverted forks were put on that trike that trike trees were used and not bike trees as I think the rake is different and could be an issue causing instability. Hopefully it's just adjusting the torque on the bearings!

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by IowaV8 View Post
    Gene, I'm hoping that when the inverted forks were put on that trike that trike trees were used and not bike trees as I think the rake is different and could be an issue causing instability. Hopefully it's just adjusting the torque on the bearings!

Tim
    Good point,Tim. That thought crossed my mind,too.
    Clint & Sherry Hooper

Ver yproud of your trike. The very first thing you need to do is add a steering stabilizer to it so if you send me your e mail address I will send you the how to on a 1999 to 2000 becase it is not the same or as easy as the other or latter ones. That was the answer to the wobble problem that I lived thro for 2 years so this short cut is the worth its weight. I fought the wobble for so long I just couldn't hardle stand it. I have the parts to do yours so e-mail me.
    Almost impossible for the pan to be leaking so I would bet it is from some other place, Unless it has a chrome pan.

I keep a set of lift shocks in stock for the Vette trike so I will also let you know when I get your e-mail.
    I just love my Vette trike and know of no other Boss (or any other bike) I would trade it for.

bosshoss@charter.net

Adrian

Adrian, Well we got the Trike home early Monday morning and all went well. The Trike has some work that needs done but nothing we cant do. The big problem is the oil pan has a small leak and we have a side by side wobble in the front forks. The wobble isn't all the time just when you hit a bad spot in the road or you shake the handle bars while ridding. If you hit the handle bars it can get out of control very easy so got to look into that. Is there anything out there you can add to the oil that might help with the oil leak ? Or do we have to reaplce the pan gasket ? Any help would really help us out. Also the shocks on the body lift and trunk are bad so can you tell me what shocks are needed to replace these. What pound pressure do the have and maybe I can find some here. The wife just loves this Trike so I have to get it fixed and lookin good or she will be unhappy and I don't want that. She has done so much to help me through my medical problems that she desserves this. I don't think I told you that I got the guy to go $20,000 on the Trike and I thought that was good even with the problems we found. Once fixed up it will be a nice Vette trike.IMG_5426.jpg051.jpg

Ver yproud of your trike. The very first thing you need to do is add a steering stabilizer to it so if you send me your e mail address I will send you the how to on a 1999 to 2000 becase it is not the same or as easy as the other or latter ones. That was the answer to the wobble problem that I lived thro for 2 years so this short cut is the worth its weight. I fought the wobble for so long I just couldn't hardle stand it. I have the parts to do yours so e-mail me.
    Almost impossible for the pan to be leaking so I would bet it is from some other place, Unless it has a chrome pan.

I keep a set of lift shocks in stock for the Vette trike so I will also let you know when I get your e-mail.
    I just love my Vette trike and know of no other Boss (or any other bike) I would trade it for.

bosshoss@charter.net

Adrian
    Adrian, Thanks for your reply and I am sending you a E-mail right now. My wife just loves this Vette Trike and I want to get it fixed up and ready & safe for her to ride. We had many people taking photo's while bringing it back from Texas. Very cool Trike and it will have a forever home with us.

My wife just loves this Vette Trike and I want to get it fixed up and ready & safe for her to ride. We had many people taking photo's while bringing it back from Texas. Very cool Trike and it will have a forever home with us.
    Looking forward to seeing you work your magic on it,Gene.
    Clint & Sherry Hooper

Looking forward to seeing you work your magic on it,Gene.
    Clint, I don't know about magic but I see some cut up knuckles and some bad words come out of the deal. Wife took it out today and road 40 miles and had a good time except for the wobble in the forks. I'm going to tighten up the forks and install a steering Damper and I hope that will fix the problem and if not bearing's might be the next stop. Do you know when Boss Hoss started building the first Vette Trike ? Also when did the stop ? Just a history check !

Gene,pretty sure the Vette body was available from 1999-2004.
    Clint & Sherry Hooper

Gene,pretty sure the Vette body was available from 1999-2004.
    Clint, Thanks for the info !

Default Wooble Cure

BH recognized the problem and changed the triple trees in '07 I think it was. I got mine from Marv. I THINK it changes the rake from +3 deg to +5 deg or something like that. Marv can tell you. Of course Kewl front end will fix it as well for about another $2,000 more than the ones from Marv. Decisions, decisions, money, money. The ones that are priced high are for a reason.
    Last edited by Clint44; 10-28-2013 at 04:33 PM.
    A Fine is the Tax for doing Wrong; A Tax is the Fine for Doing Well.