V8 Bike Riders Forums banner

help..cant type in the message box but can in title????

5K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  admin 
#1 ·
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

#6 ·
Are you guys still having issues with replying or posting to a thread?

If so, can you please provide us with a screen shot of the missing text box so we can further review the issue. Also provide what browser you are using when you come across this issue.

MD
Community Support

#10 ·
Once again, not able to post, reply, message or anything else on the site for several hours. Just started working again. During that time, I could read posts, but if I try to reply or message I get a title box, but a blank area where you usually type your message. My Enter key hasn't worked for several weeks using IE, and only works sometimes using Chrome. Also, during this time, my signature picture was one I deleted some time ago! Went into Settings and the one I currently use shows up there, but the deleted one shows up in the posts. Once able to function again on the site, the deleted picture still showed up until I went into Settings again and clicked Save Signature again on the one that's supposed to show, and that worked. Amazing after all these years with this software that these issues are now showing up. I've done all the cache clearing and all the other suggested stuff and nothing helps. For me, I'm going to refrain from posting until I see this stuff cleared up. It's just not worth fighting.

#11 ·
I notified Site Support at 1800hrs. Sorry I didn't notice it sooner but Sherry and I was watching the weather closely as tornadic activity was all around us. We also experienced a thirty minute hailstorm with up to golfball sized stones. It was pretty scary for about three hours.

Tim,heard Des Moines area suffered a tornado strike,too.

#12 ·
Sorry guys for not updating you regarding this issue of not being able to see the text box when replying to a thread. It seems to be a random act that occurs to some users but not all at any given time. We have escalated this matter to vB to further investigate in which we have yet to receive an update on a fix. All settings on our end appear to be all good and unfortunately this is out of our hands to resolve. I will try to get an update for you when we get one from vB about this.

In the meantime, we could gather more info to forward to vB regarding this issue.

ex:
- What web browser being used when coming across the issue of not being able to see the text box or enter key not functional.
- Time, Date and URL of the thread where it occurred
- What steps taken to have it re-appear again (refresh page, clear cache, etc)

MD
Community Support

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.