V8 Bike Riders Forums banner

Looking to Buy Boss Hoss Trike

32K views 107 replies 20 participants last post by  CanuckHoss 
#1 ·
Hello All,

I was corrected by a member after I mistakenly posted WTB a Boss Hogg! :banghead: LOL

Not the best way to make an impression on a new Forum :eek:pps:

Correction:
As a follow-up to my intro post I want to get the word out that I am looking to buy a Boss Hoss Trike with Corvette body or '57 Chevy body. If you have a Trike that I might be interested in, or you know of one that is available, please contact me. Thanks for any referrals or leads.

#3 · (Edited)
I just sent a PM to MissGina to see if their Vette trike is still for sale. Ted doesn't frequent the site much but was online a day or so ago. I'll keep an eye out for a 57 or Vette trike,for you.

edit: Ted sold his 2002 Mountain BH Vette trike but they still have their 57 Chev trike. He and Gina are keeping it.

#7 ·
Hi Paul,
Thank you for your reply.
I have been watching eBay but I do not see the Red and Black '57 that you mention?
I like that it has relatively low miles.
Maybe it dropped off recently.
Do you have a link to the Red and Black '57 ?

Much appreciated.
Michael

#11 ·
Barry has posted a fine trike and it's
priced to sell. AND does have upgrade
as mentioned.
The red and black 57 is less than 4K
miles and posted at $29,900 and it
is owned by a lady here in De. It was
bought from Big Steve at Milwalki BH.

Paul H

#13 ·
#15 ·
Red and black 05 57 trike in De. with less than
4K is listed at buy it now $29,500. I think I
got the two trikes messed up in my own little mine.
I have spoken to her and she did say she would
take less. Don't know how much less, but still a
good buy on a low mileage trike.

Paul H

PS. her phone number is listed in the add.

#16 ·
Thanks for the links to the ebay auction.
At least now I know that I'm not missing something that is in plain sight.
My eyes might start to be failing, but if I have the time to look for it I can usually find it.
- now where did I put my glasses.....:eyemouth: LOL

Yes, I am familiar with the '57 Chevy on eBay.
I have been in conversation with her off-line.
The bike is actually dark Purple with flames.
The miles (less than 2k) are what are displayed on a replacement speedo.
Actual miles are 24,000 +/-
There are some nice upgrades/updates on the bike.
Seems to be in decent shape.
Seller responds quickly to questions.

I do hesitate though when the miles posted on the auction are not accurate.
- maybe not intentional, but certainly a questionable practice to why the true miles are not described
Then after confirming true and actual miles the auction description is not amended by the seller?
I am still waiting for a full set of photos.

As Clint44 mentioned,
My primary interest is in finding a Corvette body Trike.
But, if the "right" '57 was found then I will most definitely consider it.

A little about me-
I am currently on a military assignment overseas in Afghanistan. I've been over here for 1 year already. I am a DOD Contract pilot working for Northrop Grumman. I have occasional R&R back home to Las Vegas and if I find the Trike that can be negotiated successfully I would request the seller keep it stored for me (if possible), or I will arrange storage until I return on R&R and can arrange for shipping. After it shipped I will just put it back into storage until I finish with my contract in another 8-12 months. So you see, I have plenty of time to find that deal that can't be refused.

I do have a question that perhaps one of you can answer for me. In all of my internet searches I have come across a BH Trike with a '58/'59 Impala body. License plate shows Florida. Looks like a very nice custom. Only saw just a couple photos of the A$$ end on this BH Trike and no others. I have to assume that it is not common and maybe one-of-a-kind? Are you familiar with this Trike? Where to source the body? Or even better, how to locate this exact Trike? Might be for sale- you never know until you ask....

Thanks again
Michael

#18 ·
I do have a question that perhaps one of you can answer for me. In all of my internet searches I have come across a BH Trike with a '58/'59 Impala body. License plate shows Florida. Looks like a very nice custom. Only saw just a couple photos of the A$$ end on this BH Trike and no others. I have to assume that it is not common and maybe one-of-a-kind? Are you familiar with this Trike? Where to source the body? Or even better, how to locate this exact Trike? Might be for sale- you never know until you ask....

Thanks again
Michael

With enough money you can get any body you want on the boss hoss ... Not from factory but from custom shops

Good luck
Ken B

#17 ·
The more I study the photo of the '59 Impala BH Trike the more I suspect photoshop.
The edges of the body and the license plate inset in the photo just don't match lines that well.
If it's real, that would be a pretty cool body choice.
But I do suspect it is Fake.
Makes a nice desktop image even if it's not real.
Anyone care to speculate?
Has this image been discussed in the regular V8 Forum much?

Being new here I don't want to cause problems by starting a conversation in Classifieds if it is better placed in the regular Forum.
I also don't want to get the standard replies to Noobs (me) to use the Search function.
But since I am looking to buy, I think the Classified section is the correct place to post this.

Sorry for my digression from my WTB post.
Now back to your regularly scheduled Classifieds...........

#22 ·
The more I study the photo of the '59 Impala BH Trike the more I suspect photoshop.
The edges of the body and the license plate inset in the photo just don't match lines that well.
If it's real, that would be a pretty cool body choice.
But I do suspect it is Fake.
Makes a nice desktop image even if it's not real.
Anyone care to speculate?
Has this image been discussed in the regular V8 Forum much?
The reason I think it's a photoshop,Michael,is that Boyd Coddington built a car based on 1957-58-59 bodywork. Yep,it is pretty radical & cool. I have a side photo of the car and rear photo of the trike on my desktop computer back home in Texas.

#24 ·
Hello All,

I was corrected by a member after I mistakenly posted WTB a Boss Hogg! :banghead: LOL

Not the best way to make an impression on a new Forum :eek:pps:

Correction:
As a follow-up to my intro post I want to get the word out that I am looking to buy a Boss Hoss Trike with Corvette body or '57 Chevy body. If you have a Trike that I might be interested in, or you know of one that is available, please contact me. Thanks for any referrals or leads.
Welcome...we started as Boss Hogg...then we had to change the name to Boss Hoss as H.O.G got bent out of shape....so you're not that wrong!

#28 ·
Good to know I was partially correct instead of totally wrong. LOL
I used to be a member of H.O.G. 23 years ago but really did not see the benefit.
- never have been too closely tied to organized clubs

Forums are great for the support and sharing ideas with individuals of similar interests.
I'm looking forward to getting to know the members of the V8 forum.

#26 ·
Aldo, I was under the impressuion that The Dikes of Hazzards tv show had a little something to do withe name change from Hogg to Boss. Like maybe a lawsuit.
Buck
Buck,

I thought and heard the same except it was the Dukes that I heard about and NOT the Dikes of Hazard...misspelling???

Bawb...

Going to start the meds again...sorry!! LOL

#30 ·
I think some of you are confused . I've always believed that Boss Hog is what Monte originally call our V8 bikes but Harley didn't like it so Monte changed it to Boss Hoss . The name was never Boss Hogg that I know of .

If anyone would know it would be the Delaware Demon , how about it Paul .

#31 ·
1991 Boss Hogg,YES

Jack, For the first year or so it was Boss Hogg.
It was HD that had the problem and the name
was changed to Boss Hoss as we all know it be
now. 20 plus years later it is some times still
called Boss Hogg. My first BH, now known as
"Kit #1", was then and is still titled as a Boss Hogg.

Paul H

#34 ·
Jack, For the first year or so it was Boss Hogg.
It was HD that had the problem and the name
was changed to Boss Hoss as we all know it be
now. 20 plus years later it is some times still
called Boss Hogg. My first BH, now known as
"Kit #1", was then and is still titled as a Boss Hogg.

Paul H
Paul , well I guess I stand corrected . I alway thought Harley only had a problem of someone using the word HOG stemming all the way back to when the Harley racing team had a pig for a mascot and were named the Hog Boys . I can't see why Harley would have a problem with the word HOGG or even HAWG for that matter . I remember hearing Monte in a very early interview say the reason he built his first V8 bike is because he wanted the biggest and the baddest Hog around . With all due respect are you sure you are right about the word Hogg as apposed to the word Hog .

#38 ·
Well you guys can say or think anything you want about what name Monte started out with Hog or Hogg but I say the picture of old number one that Elvis posted says it all as far as what the companies real original name was and that's proof enough me . :cheers:

Click on the picture to blow it up .

Thanks Wildman and Elvis .

#39 ·
My memory???

Well guys I guess my memory is about as long
as my d---, and that ain't much. I guess I should
gone back and looked at some of my old T shirts.
I used to have a "BOSS HOG" ball cap, but I gave
to Stamford BH and it was burned up in there fire.

Paul H

#61 ·

Like Brother Ken said, everyone has their story as life can take an unexpected turn these days especially given the economic circumstances in the USA , but it doesn't hurt to try... on another subject, I hope you don't trade your trike for a 'vette. Take care and be safe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.