Dealing With A Busybody Neighbor!

Thread: Dealing With A Busybody Neighbor!

Veteran Member

Default Dealing With A Busybody Neighbor!

Ever deal with one of these? I've lived in this apartment complex for many, many years and have had no issues with any neighbors about my bikes except one ol' battleaxe who has lived here longer than I have. I try to hold it down with bikes and always have, idling through the place and such, but not good enough for this gal. She complains to the office constantly (they've told me) about dogs, me, piles of dead leaves on garage roofs that she has to see out her window in the fall, the way people park, also leaving notes on their cars, and you'll see her checking license plates on cars close by to see if they are close to expiration so she can report to the office on them. Yep, one of those. She never misses a chance to say something to me when I'm getting ready for a ride and she is outside walking her yappy little dog. The other day I had the bike backed out of the garage and getting ready to start it when she started running her mouth at me. I told her that I had done something to make the bike quieter.....then pointed to the purple earplugs I was wearing! Can't relay what came out of her mouth

Tim
    Last edited by IowaV8; 05-24-2012 at 12:32 PM. Reason: spelling fix

2. Remove Advertisements
    V8BikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

I think you should have bought 2 sets! I would just wait her out I think you will out live her then you can say "I won!"

Well, you have the same rights as her.

Here's a little thing I used to live by: As long as it's only you and the person you are talking to that can hear, tell them whatever you want. I've told the odd foreman to .... off over the years. That's fine because they can't use it against you.

Play some head games. Tell her you are going to eat her dog. Tell her she's pretty and you'd like to lay her down one day......ouch....

Anyway, that may intimidate her enough to shut her up. Just make sure it's only between the 2 of you.

stu

Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by crazymf View Post
    . Tell her she's pretty and you'd like to lay her down one day......ouch....

stu
    Stu...I almost had coffee all over the keyboard and monitor...take that show on the road!!!
    Barry aka CanuckHoss

www.destinationcycles.com

Snakes..
    Almost everyone is afraid of snakes.
    I was 8 years old in 1963, when I caught my first water snake and my Mother let me keep it as a pet.
    As years went by, I planned on becoming a Herpetologist and acquired many pythons, rattlesnakes and very poisonous vipers as pets.

I find it really amazing that no one has ever threatened me, or has even tried to come anywhere near my house.

Loud motorcycle ???

Neighbors say, "Oh well, that's just the way he is. I don't want to start any trouble"

HAHA!!!! I actually have never aspired to be a Herpetologist. Um, I understand it is a zoological term, but it sounds a lot like someone who deals with infectious pelvic type rashes.

I am sorry...........I'm out.

stu

Veteran Member

My buddy Wayne and I do most of the work to most of the apartments in Lloydminster (our town). The Landlord and Tenents act is complex enough that the Landlord (Tom) whom we deal with all the time, tells us how many people who have been evicted legally simply because of similar busy-body behaivior. He won every case where those tenants have tried to fight it in court.

One gal constantly complained about another plumber buddy of mine who parks his work truck with extension ladder strapped to the roof rack in his assigned stall outside his suite.... that she demands that he not park his truck there, because she can't see who's coming and going into the 22 building parking complex. She too monitored everyone's activities, how much alchohol they brought into the buildings on weekends, citing a complaint that they will likely make noise when they have a party.... etc. And yes... she too has a yappy dog. Randy (The fellow with the work truck and ladder) [He's also a very good biking buddy of mine]... wasn't home, so I parked my work van in his parking spot, so I could work on the building's boiler. She came screaming down the stairs, out into the parking lot with her barking dog in tow. She's standing there wagging her finger at me cursing and swearing that she'll have me in court for parking there. I walked right up to her and said "I can shut your dog up for you... so you can continue whining uninterrupted!" she spun on her heel, and marched (as in 'Waddled' - she was a big'un) over to the office.... Tom (the Landlord followed her to her suite yelling at her to cease and desisit and that he was going to have her evicted by month's end for constant disturbances to all other tenants. She was gone in less than a week.
    "Keep the magic alive!" He said.